The Howard Hughes Medical Institute has an opportunity for a Research Technician to join the laboratory of Dr. Sean Morrison, Investigator and director of the Children’s Research Institute at UT Southwestern. We are seeking a highly-organized, methodical and reliable individual to manage the mouse colony in a large, fast-paced laboratory. The Research Technician will be responsible for regulatory compliance, management of a large breeding colony, and oversight of mouse use in the laboratory.
- Keep detailed records,
- Manage a complex mouse breeding colony that involves many genetic backgrounds,
- Perform genotyping of genetically modified mice,
- Supervise other laboratory staff, and
- Interact effectively with lab members and veterinary staff to ensure a high standard of care, organization, and regulatory compliance.
- Bachelor’s degree in some area of biology or biomedicine,
- Experience managing a mouse breeding colony,
- Experience genotyping mice,
- Experience managing regulatory processes related to the use of rodents in research, and
- Ability and motivation to perform careful, conscientious, and highly organized work.
HHMI is an Equal Opportunity Employer