The aim of OncoRay – National Center for Radiation Research in Oncology is the improvement of the cure of cancer diseases through biologically individualized, technologically optimized radiation therapy. OncoRay has been established in 2005 as an interdisciplinary research center of the Technische Universität Dresden, the University Hospital Dresden and the Helmholtz-Zentrum Dresden-Rossendorf. It is located at the Medical Faculty and offers high-level research facilities, internationally acknowledged expertise in translational cancer and radiation research, and a dedicated postgraduate school with an MSc and a PhD program. The research group “Translational Radiooncology” lead by Prof. Mechthild Krause focuses on the improvement of radiotherapy treatments by identifying biomarkers for patient stratification and individually adapted therapies and the evaluation of particle therapy.
For the “Translational Radiooncology” we are seeking for a highly motivated and technically skilled
Postdoc in Tumor Biology (f/m/x)
The Position is available from May 1st, 2019.
The salary is according to the TV-L dispositions. The contract is first limited until October 31st, 2020. The position is funded within the joint project “Validation of gammaH2AX foci as potential clinically relevant biomarker for radiosensitivity of Tumors.
The candidate will evaluate gammaH2AX as radiobiological biomarker for radiation oncology. He / She will perform experiments using cell culture models, experimental tumor models and/ or biological material from patients. Investigations on the development of automated analysis methods and bioinformatical models will be done in cooperation with in house specialists. Furthermore, the candidate should present data on (inter-)national conferences, foster and establish (inter-)national cooperation and undertake teaching and supervision tasks.
- PhD degree in biology, biotechnology, biochemistry, medicine or related discipline
- Good knowledge in tumor biology, cancer research and radiation biology is preferred
- Experience with in vivo tumor models and qualification of FELASA B is advantageous
- Knowledge of molecular and cell biology techniques and experience with histological staining and microscopy techniques is a plus
- Very good knowledge of written and spoken English
- Ability to work independently on scientific Topics
- Interpersonal and team working skills
We offer you:
- Arranging for flexible working hours to find a balance between work and family life
- Using our internal prevention program including courses and fitness in our Carus Vital health center
- Taking part in job-oriented educational course in our Carus Akademie
- Providing for the future in the form of a company pension plan
Women are encouraged to apply. Disabled persons with equal qualification will be preferred.
We kindly ask you to apply preferably via our online form to make the selection process faster and more effective. Of course, we also consider your written application without any disadvantages.
We look forward to receiving your application until February 28th, 2019, online with Registration number ZIK0919486. For further Information please contact: Dr. Antje Dietrich, 0351-458-7406 or by E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org