The BIH/MDC Stem cell Platform offers a
Postdoctoral Research Position
in the field of stem cell biology / bioengineering, organoid and method development.
We are mainly interested in process automatization and process development in order to increase differentiation and genome editing efficiencies. Furthermore you will be able to collaborate with researchers from multiple areas including neuronal or cardiac developmental or disease modeling aspects. Part of our group is trying to define processes to establish GMP grade iPSCs for clinical purposes in which a suitable candidate is more than welcome to contribute. Moreover the candidate should establish, optimize protocols and methods for the functional analysis of Neurons, Cardiomyocytes and other cell types using multi electrode array, calcium imaging and additional technical equipment. Furthermore you will be responsible supervising stuff technicians performing gene editing experiments, summarize the results and independently perform trouble shooting.
The appropriate candidate holds a PhD degree or is close to finishing his thesis. A strong background in stem cell biology / bioengineering is a prerequisite! PhD thesis in a relevant field (life-science, medicine etc.) and at least 3 years job experience in the field. Very solid background in stem cell biology knowledge in CRISPR genome editing and / or organoid generation is a strong asset.
Who you are:
- Strong experience in cell culture, handling tissue samples and vector cloning procedures
- High degree of scientific accuracy with skills to establish scientific workflows and procedures
- Skills in educating young scientists, good team player and wish to push the field forward
- Open for working in an infectious disease lab and to handle pathogens on a biosafety 2 level
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Improve robustness of gene editing manufacturing processes
- Evaluate and reduce to practice new technologies to improve robustness, increase speed and reduce costs
- Develop assays and specifications for testing pluripotent stem cells lines and stem cell derived specialized cells
- Author process development reports, qualification documents, and procedures
- Clear and effective communication with personnel in other departments
- Summarize and present data in group meetings, author reports and manuscripts and contribute to discussions.
- Mentor and supervise technicians and researchers from other labs
- Experience with cell culture automation and robotics
- Experience with image analysis
- Experience with functional analysis of iPSC derived cell types
- Experience in GLP or GMP industry environment
- Experience training and leading a team of research associates
For further information please contact:
Dr. Sebastian Diecke
Salary: EG 13 TVöD/Bund
Start date: 01.04.2019
Application deadline: 28.02.2018
Limitation: initially until 31.12.2021
The MDC is an equal opportunity employer and supports gender equality.
Please send your application until 28th February 2019 including all documents indicating the registration number 110047/2019 preferably by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org as pdf files (2 files of 5 MB at the maximum) as we do not return any papers.