Manager, Journals Editorial Office
We are looking for a Manager for our Journals Editorial Office.
The Global Journals Editorial Office (JEO) has responsibility for processes, standards, systems and service delivery, supporting the peer review of scientific content. As the Manager of the Journals Editorial Office, (London) you would be leading a local team of up to ten highly capable specialised systems implementers, project coordinators and administration support staff, with oversight for first-line support teams and a variety of business-critical processes and service delivery streams.
Working collaboratively within a team of five experienced JEO Managers, based in other global JEO locations, you will be encouraged to bring a fresh perspective to our ongoing service-delivery optimisation initiatives and to design, support and embed ongoing process and workflow developments.
- Manage workloads, task prioritisation and career pathway development for your local team in line with KPIs and objectives
- Act as third level escalation resolution by applying a sound knowledge of best practice approaches, Springer Nature policy standards, customer service standards and operational drivers.
- Propose and implement operational efficiency measures, in line with company policy and objectives
- Champion best-practice standards and solutions and communicate effectively with external customers, internal departments and within the global operations team to ensure that processing remains aligned with company policy and strategic objectives
- Coordinate and report on roll outs and implementations, providing data and analysis in line with business KPIs
- Analyse business proposals and provide feedback and evaluation on impacts and requirements
- Interface with third party system providers and vendor support teams towards preservation and optimisation of service delivery and stability
- University studies in business operations management, business analysis, logistics, or relevant industry experience in any of the above involving managing teams delivering to strict deadlines within an environment of competing business demands
- Knowledge of relational databases (SQL) and/or XML. Experience configuring and maintaining events based peer review systems: eJP, ScholarOne or Editorial Manager, is an advantage
- Endurance, resilience, reliability and a good sense of humour, please.
- Demonstrated delivery of analytical, holistic and sustainable solutions
- Knowledge or experience of STM publishing and peer review
- Customer Service and presentation skills are an advantage
- Effective instructional English communication as a part of a global multilingual team
- Empathy in an intercultural working environment
- Willingness to travel internationally
- A passion for mentoring your team and facilitating genuine opportunities for development