We are looking for a highly motivated staff scientist to work on immune profiling using multi-omics methods in the context of immune-oncology and inflammatory diseases. The position will be based at Cellzome, a center of excellence for Omics technologies of GlaxoSmithKline (GSK), at the EMBL campus in Heidelberg, Germany. We offer a unique opportunity to develop and apply cutting edge technologies at Cellzome and in collaboration with leading research institutions in the Heidelberg area.
Multi-Omic profiling methods are revolutionizing our understanding of classical immune cell biology by providing an unparalleled depth in the analysis of cell type and cell state heterogeneity. Recent technological progress can now enable the integration of these data with spatial information of immune cells infiltrating tissues.
You will work on projects aiming at characterizing immune cells in the context of disease by applying most advanced multi-omics technologies and integrating multi-dimensional datasets. You are expected to develop experimental and analysis strategies, bring innovative ideas, lead internal projects, and manage external collaborations.
The position has a strong focus on method development for profiling of immune cells by single cell analysis methods, including analysis of tissue sections. These methods will be applied to support target identification and validation for drug development in GSK Pharma R&D.
You have a strong background in cellular immunology in the context of oncology and inflammatory diseases. You are experienced with immune profiling, complex multi-omics datasets and are familiar with advanced single cell or multi-parametric image analysis technologies.
- You hold a PhD and/or MD (or foreign equivalent) degree in immunology or related discipline
- You possess 3-6 years of postdoctoral experience and an excellent track record of research accomplishments
- You are skilled in planning and execution of multiple research projects
- You are interested to lead internal and external collaborations
- You like to work in a matrix organization (multidisciplinary and collaborative environment)
- You bring exceptional interpersonal, written and oral communication skills
- You have gained knowledge of bioinformatic tools and system biology
At GSK, our mission is to improve the quality of human life by enabling people to do more, feel better and live longer. Our three world-leading businesses research and deliver innovative medicines, vaccines and consumer healthcare products. We need a talented and motivated workforce to deliver against our strategy. To achieve this, we strive to attract the best people and to create an environment that empowers and inspires.