CELLEX, ICFO and MPQ are teaming up to establish a strategic research collaboration about research topics of common interests.
Fundació Privada Cellex is a non-profit private foundation based in Barcelona devoted to the advancement of science and education for the benefit of humankind that supports students, researchers and research institutions –primarily those based in Catalonia- through scholarships and grants.
The Max-Planck-Institute for Quantum Optics (MPQ) based in Munich carries out broad theoretical and experimental basic research in the areas of quantum optics, quantum information and quantum simulation.
The Institute of Photonic Sciences (ICFO) based in Barcelona conducts wide scope research on optical and photonic sciences, with particular interest in quantum and atom optics, quantum information, nano-optics and atto-optics.
The program aims at offering top-class researchers the opportunity to join ambitious ICFO-MPQ collaborative projects at the forefront of science and technology. Fellows will be associated to both, an ICFO and a MPQ research group, reporting to the corresponding Principal Investigators, who will be responsible for the Fellow’s research activities and the coordination of Fellow’s tasks at ICFO and MPQ.
In this current edition, up to two positions for project-collaborations are available in the following research fields:
Quantum information theory and many-body systems
In collaboration with the Quantum Optics Theory Division led by Prof. Ignacio Cirac at the MPQ and the Quantum Information Theory group of Prof. Antonio Acín at ICFO.
Quantum Simulators of Attoscience
In collaboration with Quantum Optics Theory Division of Prof. Ignacio Cirac, the Attosecond Physics Division of Prof. Ferenc Krausz and Quantum Optics Division of Prof. Immanuel Bloch at the MPQ, and the Quantum Optics Theory group of Prof. Maciej Lewenstein at ICFO
ELIGIBILITY AND CONDITIONS
In order to be eligible, candidates have to comply with the following requirements:
– Be in possession of an internationally recognized PhD-degree at the time of the application deadline, or provide evidence of its completion in the next 3 months (required before the start of the fellowship).
– Have an outstanding track-record, measured in terms of academic achievements and research publications.
– Provide complete documentation requested for application.
The CELLEX-ICFO-MPQ Fellows will be hired by ICFO on a standard employment contract for the performance of a research project aligned with European regulations, with full-time dedication. The positions are available for 24 months. The research project will be accomplished at ICFO and MPQ; the periods to be accomplished at each institution will be defined according to the project needs.
No restrictions of citizenship or gender apply to the positions.
1st step: Submit your application
All applications must be submitted exclusively online via http://jobs.icfo.eu. Required application material should be uploaded to the application form and must be complete by the deadline in order to be considered.
Suitable candidates are requested to submit:
– A presentation letter with a declaration of interests
– An updated complete Curriculum Vitae, including full list of publications,
– A copy of the PhD degree (if available at the time of application), or certificate stating the planned award date of the PhD degree.
– The names and contact details of 2 referees. IMPORTANT: These referees will be automatically contacted by ICFO requesting them to upload a reference letter into the system. When they do so, the applicant will receive an email confirming that the corresponding reference letter has been submitted. Candidates are responsible for ensuring that referees submit these letters by the corresponding deadline.
The deadline for submission of applications for the present call is March 3, 2019
2nd step: Review process
In a first revision stage, applications will first be reviewed to assure that they meet the eligibility requirements and conditions. Candidates will be notified accordingly. Eligible applications will be evaluated by the Cellex ICFO-MPQ Screening Committee according to the following criteria:
– Evaluation of scientific achievements
– Scientific merit
– Impact of the fellowship on the candidate’s future career
All candidates will be notified of the decision in their case.
Candidates may contact email@example.com for enquiries regarding the application and Prof. Antonio Acín (firstname.lastname@example.org) and Prof. Maciej Lewenstein (email@example.com) for enquiries on the projects themselves.