To support the CeMM Management, in particular the Scientific Director and Dean of the CeMM PhD Program, we are currently searching for a highly motivated, committed
Scientific & Administrative Project Manager (m/f)
Preferred starting date: March/April 2019
Act as a bridge between Science and Administration: This demanding and influential role combines first class administrative support of one of Austria’s greatest scientists and unique leadership personalities (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Giulio_Superti-Furga), scientific project management and professional communication at all levels. Work close to the Administrative Director Anita Ender, and help foster the translation of basic biomedical research into new therapies and diagnostics and business strategies.
In this challenging core position unifying administration, science and management, you will support CeMM’s Scientific Director, ERC Scientific Council Member, and Dean of the CeMM PhD Program (https://cemm.at/about/management/) in an interesting and diverse field of activities. Your scope of tasks will range from top administrative and organizational services to the management of scientific projects and research teams. In particular, we are looking for a highly motivated, skilled scientist with previous experience in project management and administration, organizational talent and strong communication skills.
Your main tasks and responsibilities in this position:
- Support the Scientific Director with your top organizational skills and your service orientation in his day-to-day business
- Contribute with your project management skills and your scientific background to the output of the research group, e.g. oversee the grant and publication strategy
- Establish SOPs and guidelines and maintain documentation
- Get involved in the management and the monitoring of training programs, ensure the achievement of pre-defined project goals, milestones, and the proper employment of resources
- Use your business correspondence skills and your writing talent to draft e-mails, letters and reports in English and German
- Organize complex business trips and meetings across all time zones, and with different stakeholders and among disciplines
- Take care of and oversee all activities in the Scientific Director’s calendar
- Use your organizational talent to coordinate meetings, seminars, conferences (pre- and post-organization)
- Be the first point of contact for the research group in the absence of the Director
- Use your communication talent and ensure effective communication
CeMM Management: Scientific Director and Administrative Director
- PhD degree in science or medicine or alternatively MSc plus MBA (or equivalent)
- Scientific seniority and/or experience in a senior role in a scientific institution (e.g. team leader or equivalent in industry or academia; or experience in a senior role in the administration of a scientific organization)
- Ability to interact confidently and professionally with colleagues, stakeholders and company representatives at all levels
- Excellent German and English skills
- Leadership skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Experience in project management
- Top administrative skills, esp. organizational talent and time management skills
- Business correspondence and writing talent
- Efficient, accurate work style and can do-mentality
- High service orientation
- High standards of quality
- Stress resistance
- High commitment and motivation
The Superti-Furga laboratory consists of a highly collaborative team of 30 scientists from 12 nations. In the last years, we published about 70 papers, among which 10% in Nature, Science or Cell and 15 in Nature sister journals. Please visit our lab’s website: www.superti-furga-lab.at
Bigenzahn J, et al. Science. 2018 Dec 7;362(6419):1171-1177.
Vladimer G, et al. Nat Chem Biol. 2017 Jun;13(6):681-690.
Rebsamen M, et al. Nature. 2015 Mar 26;519(7544):477-81.
Köberlin MS, Snijder B, et al. Cell. 2015 Jul 2;162(1):170-83.
CeMM is a flagship institute for biomedical research in the heart of Europe, Vienna. CeMM is committed to highest scientific standards. The environment is very collaborative, dynamic and international. One of CeMM`s advantages is to be in close proximity to the Vienna Medical University Campus and the General Hospital (AKH). This allows the fruitful interaction of basic scientists with clinicians, and the use of models and cutting-edge technology to disease-relevant biological questions. According to a study by The Scientist, CeMM is ranked as the best European place to work in Academia 2012. The official language at CeMM is English, and more than 40 different nationalities are represented at the institute. For more information please visit: www.cemm.at
This is a fantastic opportunity for a scientific manager to join a successful group in an inspiring and dynamic setting. In return we are offering an excellent employee benefits package including health insurance, company health care, competitive holiday allowance, daily bonus for the in-house cafeteria and an annual minimum gross salary of EUR 60.000,- (overpayment depending on qualification and professional experience). We offer a great work environment for passionate scientists and we are proud to be an international, diverse group.
We are an inclusive workplace and we welcome applications from candidates with diverse backgrounds. Please click on the link below to apply online with your application documents (cover letter, CV and names and contact details of 2 referees): https://cemm.jobbase.io/job/4yin2y3l
Closing date for applications: 20 Feb. 2019