If you love biomedical science and enjoy evaluating manuscripts but are ready for a career away from the bench, you could be the person we’re looking for to join the editorial team of the newly established journal, Genome Instability & Disease (GID), published by Springer Nature.
GID is an official publication of the Shenzhen University Health Science Center in China and the Fondazione Istituto FIRC di Oncologia Molecolare (IFOM) in Milan, Italy. It publishes high-quality, peer-reviewed original research papers, short communications, and review articles on the molecular mechanisms underlying genome stability maintenance and human diseases associated with genome instability and the relevant therapeutic applications. In particular, GID publishes novel data regarding the regulatory mechanisms of genome stability, including epigenetic and post-translational modifications, and the DNA damage response and its association with the inheritance of mutations that contribute to genetic disorders, neurodegenerative diseases, cancer, and ageing.
To be considered for the position, you must have:
1. A PhD in the biomedical or medical sciences, with expertise in DNA repair, genome biology, genome stability and its associated diseases, or related areas. Some postdoctoral research experience is desirable.
2. A breadth of interest in scientific research, both within and beyond your specialty.
3. Excellent communication and interpersonal skills and be fluent in English (both written and spoken).
4. The ability to read and assess the novelty, context and implications of research submitted to the journal from the different areas of this discipline.
5. Be eager to travel and meet scientists worldwide, learn more about them and their research, and help them learn more about us and what we are looking for in the papers we seek to publish.
6. Please note that previous editorial experience at a professional journal is required for candidates seeking a Senior position.
The successful candidate will report to the Chief Editors, and have an important role in helping the chiefs shape the future of the journal. They will handle original research papers, and work closely with other editors on all aspects of the editorial process, including manuscript selection and overseeing peer review. The ability to recommend well-reasoned editorial decisions on submitted manuscripts in the light of expert advice is crucial. They will liaise extensively with editors at other journals in the Springer Nature family, and other experts in the international scientific community.
This is a full-time permanent position, located in Shenzhen, China. You will be provided with an internationally highly competitive salary package and, potentially, a generous tax-free housing subsidy from the Shenzhen Municipal Government through the Peacock Program. Applicants should send a CV, a brief cover letter explaining their interest in the position and in the journal to Ms. Xu at email@example.com. Short-listed candidates will be expected to provide the names of three referees, be available for a interview, and complete a short editing evaluation.