The international PhD Program in Biomedical Science of the Shenzhen University Health Science Center (SZUHSC) announces open positions for graduate students. The program aims at understanding (1) molecular mechanisms of human diseases, including cancer, ageing-related disease, cardiovascular disease, and metabolic disease as well as training of the next generation of researchers at the highest standards. (2) Biomedical Engineering research directions include medical ultrasound, medical image processing, in vitro diagnostics, medical electronics and rehabilitation engineering, neuroimaging and molecular imaging and nanomedicine. The program is recruiting 10-15 PhD candidates in September 2019. In average, it takes 3-6 years to obtain a PhD degree.
Shenzhen University (http://www.szu.edu.cn/) is the only comprehensive university fully supported by the Shenzhen municipal government. Shenzhen is an international city of innovation in China. It locates just across the bay of from HongKong, with a subtropical monsoon climate and clean air yearlong. The SZUSOM retains an internationally competitive faculty, information of the potential mentors of this program is available at http://med.szu.edu.cn/Category_556/Index.aspx
Successful candidates will receive a generous scholarship which will cover all research costs, tuition fees, work-related travel, and salary (US$18,000-20,000 per year for a PhD candidate).
1. Applicants must be citizens with a valid foreign passport (whose nationalities are not People’s Republic of China). He / She should be in good health conditions and of good conduct. He / She should also abide by the Chinese laws, regulations and the rules of the university.
2. All applicants should be fluent in written and spoken English. Applicants from non-English speaking countries must submit a TOEFL (at least 80) or IELTS (at least 6.0) score report.
3. All applicants must hold a MSc degree (for the PhD program) latest by August 2019.
4. All applicants should have excellent academic track records and demonstrate strong enthusiasm and talent for research.
Application Procedure and Required Documents:
1. Download the Application Form (http://med.szu.edu.cn/Item/1208.aspx) or request for the Application form by email (email@example.com), fill in the blanks, sign and scan it for emailing.
2. A detailed CV demonstrating competence and motivation for science.
3. Personal statement in English of about 2,000 words, including area of study and supervisor, study or working experience and academic research achievement, brief research plan and goals, career plan, etc.
4. Two letters of recommendation from professors or associate professors (or from persons of equivalent positions). Letters must be written in English and directly emailed to our official email (firstname.lastname@example.org) from the referees.
5. All degree transcripts and certificates. Foreign documents must be translated in English and certified. A hard copy should be mailed to us ONLY after a candidate accepts our offer.
6. The synopsis of the diploma thesis.
7. A copy of official TOEFL or IELTS score report.
8. A copy of passport. The passport must be a valid ordinary passport for private affairs.
9. An ID photo, the same as passport photo (High resolution electronic copy).
All these documents should be directly emailed to our official email (email@example.com) by April 15th, 2019. Applications lack of any above materials will be disqualified. Application materials will not be returned, no matter applicants are admitted or not.
The short-listed candidates will be notified by April 20th and interviewed through Zoom by April 25th, and offers will be given out in May 2019.