Locum Reporter, Nature
Nature’s news team seeks a locum reporter for three months starting as soon as possible.
This will be a full-time reporting and writing position based in our London office.
Nature’s news and comment team produces content that is essential reading for scientists and the scientific world. It delivers ground-breaking, thought-leading, agenda-setting journalism, commentary and analysis to enrich, inform and guide scientists’ lives and thoughts.
You will contribute to our award-winning coverage of scientific research and policy for both digital and print. You will work as part of an outstanding, collaborative team of journalists writing for Nature’s global audience of working scientists and science stakeholders.
• Report and write news stories for Nature, in print and digital.
• Work to identify and deliver original ideas for enterprising, analytical stories for Nature, including rapid news, features, investigations, analysis, news-in-briefs and research highlights.
• Cover breaking news as needed, and assist with background research for longer-term stories.
• Stay informed on research and related policy by reading journals, policy announcements, attending conferences and cultivating sources.
• Work with multimedia and art teams to help produce graphics, videos, podcasts and other multimedia or visual content to accompany or augment written news coverage
• Provide holiday cover for other reporters as needed.
• Other tasks as required by the supervising bureau chief.
• Top candidates will have proven experience in science journalism — preferably covering the life sciences.
To apply, please submit a cover letter, CV and 3 clips.
Closing date: 17th January 2019 (candidates will be considered as they apply, therefore early applications are encouraged).