The Department of Basic Sciences has begun a recruitment and selection process to hire teaching and research staff for the new bachelor’s degrees in Biomedical Sciences and Bioengineering. To this end, during the 2019-2020 academic year, the Department is looking to hire four adjunct or assistant lecturers (according to their profile), who will be required to both teach (in the areas of knowledge detailed below) and direct their own funded research projects.
19/20 BIOMED_01: Human Physiology
We are looking for a researcher with a PhD in Health Sciences, Pharmacy, Biomedicine, Biology, Biochemistry or a related field, to perform research and teach in areas related to Human Physiology and Anatomy in the Bachelor’s Degree in Biomedical Sciences, in subjects such as: Body Structure and Function: Musculoskeletal System; Body Structure and Function: Cardiovascular, Respiratory and Renal Systems; and other related subjects.
19/20 BIOMED_02: Microbiology and Immunology
We are looking for a researcher with a PhD in Health Sciences, Pharmacy, Biomedicine, Biology, Biochemistry or a related field, to perform research and teach in areas related to Microbiology and Immunology in the Bachelor’s Degree in Biomedical Sciences.
18/19 BIOING_01: Program manager
We are looking for a Program manager for the new bioengineering undergraduate program. The candidate is expected to have excellent management skills and a scientific background in any field related to bioengineering. The candidate will also be involved in teaching activities. The expected starting date will be March-April 2019.
The candidate should also have:
- The candidate must have a PhD in Materials Science, Biology, Chemistry, Pharmacy, Biomedical Engineering, Biomaterials or related field.
- Candidates should have a good record track with significant contributions to the field.
- The candidate must have the ability to work independently as well as part of a group.
- Candidate should have excellent IT skills (including email, spreadsheets, word processing, presentations and the internet)
19/20 BIOING_02: Bioprinting
We are looking for someone with a PhD in Materials Science, Biology, Chemistry, Pharmacy, Biomedical Engineering, Biomaterials or a related field
- Materials science: hydrogel formulation and material characterisation
- Engineering: 3D printing technology
- Biological sciences: cell seeding onto biomaterials, cell-material interaction characterisation
Possible teaching subjects:
- Biomedical Systems Prototyping
- Micro and Nanotechnology
- Materials Engineering
- Advanced Materials
- Materials Forming Technology
For all available positions:
- A full-time contract in a dynamic and international scientific environment in the Department of Basic Sciences (Faculty of Medicine and Health Sciences) at UIC Barcelona (Health Sciences Campus, Sant Cugat del Vallès).
- A tenure-track (5-year) position with a mid-term evaluation (depending on the applicant’s profile, the position may automatically become permanent).
- A competitive salary based on the qualifications and experience of the candidate. – Full relocation assistance and financial support for the candidate’s research (according to the experience of the candidate).
- Lab bench in a wet lab and use of the Department’s scientific equipment.
How to apply:
All applications must be submitted in a single PDF document. The title of the document should be your last name. The document must include:
- A summary of the scientific impact (which includes the H-index and the number of publications in the different journal impact factor quartiles) and a publication list that includes the impact factor and quartile of each publication.
- A cover letter with a statement of interest
- A full CV including contact details.
- At least two reference letters.
Application website: http://bit.ly/2PSw1In