Westlake University seeks exceptional scholars in all branches of cutting-edge science and technology from around the world. As an international university, Westlake University encourages qualified applicants from all ethnic background and from all countries. If you believe you are among the best in your chosen research field, you may wish to consider a career opportunity in Westlake University.
1. Faculty Positions are open at four distinct ranks: Assistant Professor, Associate Professor, Full Professor, and Chair Professor.
2. Each faculty member will receive an internationally competitive salary and a fringe benefits package that includes a generous housing option, a high-end medical care plan for the entire family, etc. These benefits have been designed with references to those of the elite private universities in the US.
3. Each faculty member is provided with an internationally competitive start-up package that includes sufficient research funds, ample laboratory space, excellent equipment and research support. Stable financial support safeguards every research project that is designed to push the envelope of human knowledge.
4. The research disciplines include, but are not limited to, chemistry, all major branches of engineering, life sciences, mathematics, physics, and inter-disciplinary fields. The engineering disciplines include, but are not limited to, electrical engineering, computer science, information technology, energy and environment, nanotechnology and material science, and emerging technology. Westlake University emphasizes inter-disciplinary research.
In addition to the specifications listed above, Westlake University also has a number of advantages that are rarely found elsewhere. First, due to the small size of Westlake University, inter-disciplinary research collaboration is truly spontaneous and becomes part of a daily routine. The faculty members from different disciplines bump into each other at the coffee shop, student cafeteria, faculty club, and seminar rooms. Second, all faculty members hired in the first several years of university development will have stories of their own to recount how they not only witnessed but also contributed to the breathtaking rise of a brand-new university, the first new-type research university in the history of China. These fond memories constitute a once-in-a-lifetime experience for any scientist with a dream at heart. Third, due to the small size of the faculty, your opinion truly counts within the university. The sense of “my university” is considerably stronger here at Westlake than elsewhere. In addition, administration serves, rather than directs, research and teaching here at Westlake. This scholar-friendly environment is part of the Westlake culture on campus.
Please send the application documents as electronic PDF files to email@example.com
1. Curriculum Vitae – Your most recently updated C.V. including a publication list
2. Cover Letter
3. Statement of Research Summary and Research Proposal (3-5 pages)
3 letters of reference required (sent directly to the above email address)
YANG Mengchen, Office of Human Resources, Westlake University
Address: 18 Shilongshan Road, Cloud Town, Xihu District, Hangzhou, Zhejiang Province, China
For more information, please visit: http://www.wias.org.cn/english-flist-426.html
Review of applications will start upon receipt and will continue until the positions are filled. To guarantee full consideration, the application should be received by February 10th, 2019. Successful candidates will be shortlisted for the talents interview scheduled on March 23rd, 2019.