A postdoctoral associate position is available for a highly motivated individual to join funded translational research projects.
• PhD in life or nature science related discipline
• Expertise and training in protein analysis using liquid chromatography and mass spectrometry are essential for this position.
• The ideal applicant will possess a curiosity and passion for science, and a talent for independent research, attention to details, strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills, abilities to perform research procedure reproducibly and precisely, great organization, and excellent communication skills (written and oral).
Conduct investigations or experiments in an assigned area to aid in the solution of a research problem. Areas of potential research include development of mass spectrometry based assays to measure biomarkers.
Set up and operate equipment used in collecting research data. Calculate and analyze data.
Select and review literature relating to the assigned area. Actively participate in research efforts by exploring new possible approaches to problems and discuss possible approaches to problems with supervisor.
Write routine summary reports on results of work and confer with supervisor on interpretation of results and avenues of investigation
May author and co-author manuscripts for publication and/or presentation at professional meetings
The University of Minnesota offers a comprehensive benefits package including:
· Competitive wages, paid holidays, vacation and sick leave
· Low cost medical, dental, and pharmacy plans
· Health care and dependent daycare flexible spending accounts
· Disability and employer paid life insurance
· Wellbeing program with reduced insurance premiums
· Tuition reimbursement opportunities covering 75%-100% of eligible tuition
· Student loan forgiveness opportunity
· Opportunities for growth and promotion
· Employee Assistance Program
For more information regarding benefits: https://humanresources.umn.edu/sites/humanresources.umn.edu/files/2019_tcd-fpa-75100-ben-0105-10.pdf
Go to – https://hr.myu.umn.edu/jobs/ext/328183 and submit a CV, cover letter, and the contact information for three professional references.
The University recognizes and values the importance of diversity and inclusion in enriching the employment experience of its employees and in supporting the academic mission. The University is committed to attracting and retaining employees with varying identities and backgrounds.
The University of Minnesota provides equal access to and opportunity in its programs, facilities, and employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, gender, age, marital status, disability, public assistance status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression. To learn more about diversity at the U: http://diversity.umn.edu.