The Wellcome Trust/DBT India Alliance (India Alliance) invites applications from suitably qualified persons for the position of GRANTS ADVISER.
The Wellcome Trust/DBT India Alliance, a public charity funded by the Department of Biotechnology, Govt. of India and Wellcome Trust, UK, aims to build a strong biomedical research ecosystem in India that nurtures scientific talent and drives innovations to tackle health challenges. The core mandate of India Alliance is the management of research fellowships, which are granted through a highly competitive process. The India Alliance has established itself as one of the most prestigious funders in India, with the quality of governance likely to have wider influence on research funding in India. As an organization, India Alliance provides an exceptional environment for innovation in science administration. In addition to its research funding, India Alliance supports an integrated research ecosystem that values ethics, good management, and the public communication of science to enhance knowledge and drive policy.
Details of the work of India Alliance can be seen at www.indiaalliance.org.
The India Alliance seeks to identify suitably qualified candidates for the position of Grants Adviser. This position will work to ensure that grant applications are reviewed, processed, and awarded timely and efficiently.
- Ability to understand biomedical research proposals, process them with due diligence, manage peer review and award of funding applications
- Attention to detail while managing large workloads within given deadlines
- Commitment to high standards
- Ability to maintain accurate and organised grant records and the timely input of accurate grant-related and financial data, according to defined standards.
- Ability to work in a team within established deadlines and according to defined standards and controls
- Adequate IT skills and ability to work on large records
- PhD in Life Science/Biological Sciences/similar areas
- Indian citizen or NRI/OCI willing to relocate to Hyderabad or New Delhi
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to work to deadlines independently, and as part of a team
- Strong analytical and critical thinking
- Postdoctoral experience
- Understanding of research funding mechanisms
- Administrative experience within the context of a research funding organisation or a university will be an asset (Training will be provided on the job)
- Keen on working in a business environment with close links to scientific research
Grants Advisers will be trained in the following areas:
- Managing a portfolio of research grant applications and awards
- Managing the processes associated with fellowship/grant applications and funding
- Selecting appropriate referees, maintaining positive relationships with peer reviewers and thereby ensuring adequate high quality review reports are received within deadlines
- Liaising with the scientific community, developing positive relationships with applicants and grant-holders
- Assisting in other activities of the organization as per need
The remuneration for this post will be based on qualifications and experience. A probationary period is envisioned where the chosen applicant will be trained on all India Alliance grants processes and familiarized with their duties. Please apply only if you fulfil all the “Essential” requirements.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for further processing. India Alliance reserves the right not to hire anyone or re-advertise if a suitable person is not found.
In case of queries, please write to firstname.lastname@example.org; it may take up to 3 working days for a response.
To apply, please click here:
(Note: This form does NOT have a ‘Save and Close’ option; it will not be possible to save your responses for multiple editing before submission. CLICK ON THE ‘SUBMIT’ BUTTON AT THE BOTTOM OF THE PAGE TO COMPLETE THE FORM.)
Do not use Internet Explorer to fill this form. Use ONLY Google Chrome.