Ref.08.18.44/1 - Junior Fellow - Multifunctional materials for removal of microorganisms from water
Employer: International Iberian Nanotechnology Laboratory (INL)
Location: Braga, Portugal
Department: Life Sciences
Group: Water Quality
Job Type: Full time
Contract Duration: 12 months
Closing Date: January 21st, 2019 23:00 (Lisbon time)
Salary: Competitive package and benefits
INL is seeking a talented and motivated Junior Fellow for a collaborative project in the area of nanotechnology solutions for water quality, whose main responsibility will be to support the Water Quality Research Group at INL to develop its research on new multifunctional materials for removal of microorganisms using adsorption and photocatalytic activity.
Job Role & Key Responsibilities
The successful candidate for this position will work on the development of new multifunctional materials with photocatalytic proprieties for waterborne bacteria removal and biofouling prevention. The candidate is expected to fabricate the different multifunctional materials, characterize and monitor the bacterial adhesion and biofilm formation and will also use photocatalysis to innactivate the microorganisms.
Applicants should meet the following requirements:
- MSc in Nanotechnology/ Biomaterials/ Chemistry or similar;
- Experience in micro/nanofabrication under clean room conditions;
- Experience in microbiology (bacteria culture);
- Experience in characterization techniques, mainly optical microscopy (including confocal), scanning electron microscopy, atomic force microscopy and contact angle;
- Experience in nanomaterials synthesis and photocatalysis will be positively evaluated.
- Strong drive to carry out research in the proposed topic;
- Solid motivation to work both independently and as part of a team in an interdisciplinary project;
- Good track record of disseminating research results.
English is the working language of INL. Therefore, excellent communication skills in English are required.
What we offer
- Employment contract and competitive compensation package;
- Employees will also benefit of the various social facilities available at INL;
- International and highly competitive environment in contact with leading edge technology.
How to Apply
International candidates are welcome to apply. Only applications in English will be accepted. The application is made online. Please click on the 'Apply' button. Interested applicants should submit a motivation letter, a full curriculum vitae and University certificates. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
If your application is successful and you accept our offer of employment, you will receive the employment agreement and all other relevant documents. If you are relocating, you will be given assistance by the HR Office.
If Your Application is Not Successful
We highly value the interest shown from applicants wishing to become a part of the INL experience. It is important for us to maintain good communications with candidates. No matter the outcome of the application, we always send the applicant an answer.
Equal Opportunity and Non-Discrimination Principle
INL is an equal opportunity organization, committed to providing equal career opportunities and firmly adheres to a principle of non-discrimination in respect of gender, age, nationality, racial group, or any other possible discriminatory issues.
Enquires should be made to: email@example.com.
The advertisement deadline may be extended at any time without previous notice in order to improve the suitability and effectiveness of the recruitment process.