Institute of Computational Biology
Area of research:
As German Research Center for Environmental Health, Helmholtz Zentrum München pursues the goal of developing personalized medical approaches for the prevention and therapy of major common diseases such as diabetes mellitus, allergies and lung diseases. To achieve this, it investigates the interaction of genetics, environmental factors and lifestyle.
The Institute of Computational Biology is an internationally recognized major institution in computational biology, with the goal of integrating biomedical information on multiple scales, ranging from single cell time series to cohort omics data. We are currently looking for a
- administrative support in the setup of the new Munich School for Data Science
- Support in the establishment and maintainance of current networks (i.e. Single Cellomics Germany (SCOG) network, www.singlecell.de)
- Support in the organization and hosting of scientific events and conferences
- Support in public outreach of the institute (homepage, social media)
- Independent work in office organization and the execution of general secretarial tasks
- Support of the scientific management of the institute in preparation of project proposals, and correspondence with project partners
- Training as a multilingual secretary with experience as an office clerk, office communication or similar secretarial / assistant function
- Experienced handling of MS-Office
- Fluent in written and spoken German and English
- Good organizational, communication and team skills with high reliability
At the Helmholtz Zentrum München, you can contribute together with leading researchers to the investigation of the development, prevention and treatment of environmental diseases such as diabetes, chronic lung diseases and allergies. In order to further promote your professional development, we offer extensive and targeted research training and career programmes. We support the reconciliation between work and private life with flexible working time models, occupational health management, day care facility for children, a childcare subsidy, Elder Care, as well as other counseling and support services.
Remuneration and benefits are in accordance with the collective agreement for the public service (TV EntgO Bund).
The part- or full time position is (initially) limited to three years, the possibility of a longer-term perspective exists.
As a holder of the Total E-Quality Award, we promote equality of opportunity. Applications from women are welcome. Qualified applicants with physical disabilities will be given preference.
We are looking forward to receiving your comprehensive online application.