“Constant scientific challenges and close business bonds”
Nestlé Research Center, Lausanne, Switzerland Undefined period of time contract, act. rate 100%
Nestlé Research is based in Lausanne, Switzerland and employs approximately 800 people.
It consists of four major research institutes: Health Sciences, Material Sciences, Food Safety & Analytical Sciences and Packaging Sciences. Nestlé Research combines fundamental science at the highest level, high-end analytical platforms leveraged by all research teams, and strong prototyping capabilities to accelerate the translation of science into innovation.
Nestlé Research published around 1,000 scientific publications in peer review journals over the last five years, and files about 80 patents every year. Nestlé Research collaborates with approximately 100 universities or research institutes around the world. Learn more about Nestlé Research at www.nestle.com/randd.
Demonstrating excellent communication skills and scientific insight, you will initiate develop and execute research activities in nutrition and bone and joint physiology for developing concepts for healthy growth & development in children and maintenance of mobility & quality of life in elderly.
- Develop new nutritional concepts and projects for healthy growth, bone/cartilage development in infants and children to fulfill our specific business needs
- Express expert opinion on the health benefit of Nutrition for Bone and Cartilage
- Design clinical trials for efficacy demonstration supporting health benefit claims or products communication
- Develop scientific network and manage external research partners
- Communicate scientific findings to different audiences (inside and outside Nestlé)
- PhD in physiology or nutrition, with strong knowledge and expertise in the other
- Postdoc experience, in relation to nutrition and musculoskeletal health
- Experience in running physiological or pharmacological preclinical/clinical trials
- Expertise in the domain of bone/joint physiology, the impact of inflammation on bone and joint health and function, and the effect of nutritional intervention with macro/micronutrients or microbiota
- Fluent in English both spoken and written
Show us that you have the ability to manage research activity individually and as part of a cross-functional team. Your initiative and capacity to engage in activities autonomously, as well as your ability to communicate scientific findings to different audiences, is what will set you apart. If your profile corresponds to the description and you wish to make a difference, please apply in English at www.nestle.com/jobs with full CV, Cover letter and Publication list.
The Nestlé Group is the world’s largest food and beverage company with 89.8 billion Swiss Francs in sales in 2017. Employees are committed to Nestlé’s purpose of enhancing quality of life and contributing to a healthier future. Nestlé offers a wide portfolio of products and services for people and their pets throughout their lives. The product development is based on nutritional science lead research for being able to propose healthier product to consumer.
Company performance is driven by its Nutrition, Health and Wellness strategy. Nestle Research develop also biomedical research to better understand health
and disease as influenced by genetics, metabolism and environment with the goal of translating this knowledge into personalized science-based nutrition.
Nestlé is based in the Swiss town of Vevey where it was founded more than 150 years ago. Learn more about our Group and reasons to join us on www.nestle.com.