Expansion Therapeutics is a drug discovery and development company pursuing the vast potential of
small molecule medicines for RNA‐mediated diseases. We are initially focused on expansion repeat
disorders, a set of ~30 genetic diseases for which there are no satisfactory therapies. Our lead disease
focus, myotonic dystrophy type 1 (DM1), is the most frequent cause of adult onset muscular dystrophy.
Expansion has assembled an initial focused pipeline of compositions targeting repeats that drive a
number of expansion repeat disorders.
Perform research in the laboratory as a molecular biologist applying the latest knowledge and techniques in the field. Advance the assigned program and contribute to the identification of a lead or development candidate. Utilize sound knowledge of target identification and validation in a drug discovery context.
• FRET-based in vitro assays, RT-PCR, RNA-FISH, and gel electrophoresis
• Mammalian cell culture, including primary cells
• Record experimental data and prepare comprehensive project reports
• Present data and analysis both orally and in writing
• Upkeep and maintain equipment
• Prepare and place orders for laboratory reagents
• Other functions outlined in the Qualifications section below
• B.S. in molecular biology or related field; M.S./Ph.D. strongly preferred
• At least 5 years additional experience in an industrial or academic setting
• Proficient in current molecular biology, cell engineering, and protein production technologies, including DNA/RNA isolation from mammalian cells and tissues and cloning/sub-cloning
• Significant experience with an array of molecular and cell biology methods, including RNA splicing isoform analysis (RT-PCR, RT-qPCR) of cells and tissues, RNA-FISH of cells and tissues, and genotyping of tissues
• Experience with RNA-seq analysis, cell-based high throughput screening, and target vector design; creation of stable cell lines is highly desirable • Excellent oral and written communication, interpersonal, and presentation skills
• Demonstrated strong understanding of complex scientific procedures with technical proficiency in molecular and cell biology
• Ability to adapt in a fast-paced environment
• Ability to work effectively as a member of a team