Postdoctoral researcher on project in engineering of advanced 3D cell culture devices (m/f)
- Ref: 50013951-(R-AGR-3489-10-C) (to be indicated in all correspondence)
- Fixed-term contract for 24 months
- Full-time position (40h / p.w.)
- Employee status
- Start date: Within the next 6 months; preferably as of 1st April 2019
Area: Engineering of advanced 3D cell culture devices
The Developmental and Cellular Biology Group (led by Prof. Jens Schwamborn) at the Luxembourg Centre for Systems Biomedicine utilizes human stem cells for modeling and experimental treatment of neurodegenerative disease.
Projects in the lab are at the interface of engineering, and bio-medical research. In particular we aim on developing novel, complex in vitro models that are specific for the human brain. Future projects aim at the development of stem cell derived multi-organ in vitro models. Our main disease model is Parkinson’s disease.
In this particular project we are looking for a postdoctoral researcher with a background in engineering of cell culture devices.
Contact for further information please contact:
Prof. Dr. Jens C. Schwamborn
Université du Luxembourg; LCSB – Luxembourg Centre for Systems Biomedicine
Developmental and Cellular Biology
T. +352 / 4666445536
- Candidates shall either have a PhD degree in engineering, material sciences or in biology, biotechnology etc.
- In any case experience in the design and making of cell culture devices is essential. Experience in one or more of the following areas is expected: microfluidics, 3D printing, organ-on-chip technology, lab automation/robotics or electrode arrays.
- Fluency in English is important is this position
- A successful applicant should be willing to take over some project coordination duties also an entrepreneurial spirit is of significant advantage.
We are looking for highly motivated candidates who share our passion for research, are interested in acquiring new skills and wish to be part of an international team.
ApplicationThank you for applying online until 31st January 2019:
Applications (in English) should contain the following documents:
- Cover letter
- A detailed curriculum vitae
- Description of past research experience and future interests
- Name and addresses of referees
The University is an equal opportunity employer. All applications will be treated in the strictest confidentiality.
Link : http://emea3.mrted.ly/21l03