The candidate is responsible to source innovative early-stage projects for small molecule drug discovery, mainly from academic research groups and start-ups. The candidate will be responsible for the identification, analysis, in-depth evaluation, intake and initial follow-up of new projects that enter the drug discovery pipeline. Also building partnerships with biotech and pharma companies on early stage drug discovery projects will be part of the function. The function requires a high degree of scientific and drug discovery insight as well as a deal-making mindset. The candidate will directly work with the Director of Drug Discovery (Biology), in close collaboration with the Director of Business Development.
• You hold a PhD degree in Biology, Biochemistry, Medicine, Biomedical Sciences, Bio-engineering, Pharmacy or equivalent; in addition you have productive post-doc experience, illustrated by high-quality publications
• You have a broad knowledge of biomedicine and pharmacology (preferably in the fields of metabolic or cardiovascular disease, fibrosis, or inflammation) and are able to critically evaluate new project opportunities. Ideally, you have experience in small-molecule drug discovery.
• You are a team player who can operate independently with attention for quality and details and at the same time be outgoing and a strong networker;
• You have an interest in the business and legal aspects of drug discovery and development;
• You are an ambitious, hard and diligent worker willing to take responsibility and learn fast;
• You are pro-active, well-organized, goal oriented and can handle deadlines and pressure while taking responsibility for multiple projects at the same time;
• You are communicative, diplomatic and fluent in English (oral and written);