This is an exciting opportunity to work in a growing life sciences company that provides medical imaging and services and software to the drug development community. This role will be located on the Imperial College campus at Hammersmith Hospital in West London.
We are looking for a Preclinical Research Assistant who will play a key role in conducting studies and supporting general biology team activities. This will include the evaluation and application of novel and established PET tracers primarily using in vitro techniques and methodologies, with opportunities to expand into in vivo and ex vivo areas.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Providing support to the team in delivery of studies with respect to in vitro evaluation and characterization of imaging agents, drug candidates and novel biological targets in collaboration with chemistry and image analysis teams, with the possibility to expand knowledge and skills in both in vivo and ex vivo techniques.
- Maintaining accurate and current records of experimental work.
- Upon training provided, independently perform experimental studies.
- Providing the team with technical input in order to improve study design, interpretation of results, reporting and communication.
- Using appropriate computer software packages effectively to support the analysis and interpretation of study data.
- Analysing and interpreting data, either alone, in conjunction with other experts within the team or more widely.
- Undertaking general laboratory administration and support as required.
Specific Experience Required:
BSc or MRes/MSc, in Pharmacology, Neuroscience or related discipline.
Personal Characteristics and competencies:
Candidates must have:
- An ability to work independently as well as part of a team.
- An enthusiastic, self-motivated attitude and a willingness to expand technical skills.
- An ability to learn and follow new protocols as they become relevant for different studies.
- A desire to expand knowledge/experience with in vivo and ex vivo methodologies; a home office personal license (modules 1-4) is preferred but not essential.
Imanova Limited, company registered in England and Wales, with registration number 07516277, trading as Invicro.
Competitive Salary & Benefits
Bonus, Contributory Pension, PMI, Life Assurance & Flexible Benefits options
To apply for this position please forward your CV and a covering letter detailing your relevant experience to HR at firstname.lastname@example.org
Invicro is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.