You’ll be part of the global UXD team at Springer Nature – sndigital.springernature.com
The job is based in Shanghai, China and working with team members in London and Berlin.
The Chinese market plays an important role in the business strategy for Springer Nature. For this reason, we are seeking to understand further how our products and services can more precisely meet the needs of our Chinese customers and researchers.
You will work with the teams focusing on supporting business service investigation in Shanghai, London and Berlin as well as learning more about our wider user base of scientific researchers and students.
You will work closely with your Product Manager, Business Analyst and other stakeholders in order to deliver insights focused on our priority business areas.
You will be part of the friendly and supportive Global UXD team and in particular the UXD Research team who will be able to support you when needed.
You will be expected to demonstrate:
1. solid knowledge and experience of using contextual research methods
2. you are able to triangulate with available quantitative data and any previous research
3. you can derive useful insights for digital product teams from your research.
What you will be doing
1. By the end of the contract period, we expect meaningful insights – not just observations – based on appropriate research evidence. You will conduct this research in close collaboration with your team in Shanghai and the UXD research team in Europe.
2. Understand who our commercial customers are, what problems and needs they have
3. Understand the lead generation lifecycle of the products and services that help financial decision maker make purchasing decisions
4. Identify areas for potential opportunity and begin to explore these with your colleagues in Shanghai, London and Berlin.
5. Align your planning and processes with those of UXD research teams in London and Berlin.
6. Involve your colleagues in Shanghai in such a way that will create understanding of the value of our research approach and the value it brings.
7. As part of this work you will also look at internationalisation for commercial customers as well as our wider user base as a potential opportunity to increase reach and engagement.
Beyond 3 months
If there a contract renewal, we expect you to increase your relationship with the Digital and Product teams to understand the wider context and knowledge gaps, and explore further opportunities for research based on the work you have done so far.