Longevity Fund seeks to enable everyone to choose how long they would like to live a healthy life. We believe this problem has finally become tractable, for the first time in human history; we can now genetically engineer a variety of animals to live longer.
To date, our companies are worth in aggregate of $1.5B, with over $500M raised across them. 4/5 of the companies in our first portfolio have drugs in patients or healthy volunteers.
We are recruiting a team of people who combine enormous and creative scientific acumen with a sharp entrepreneurial drive and understanding of financial markets. People with deep curiosity, expertise and love for science married with a desire to understand how companies work and why the best ones succeed.
Source and evaluate new companies, define and execute high-level strategy for the fund including financing and operation plans, and help define the strategy for spinoffs to come as we expand operations.
- Fascinated by the intersection of fundamental biological science and financial markets and deeply knowledgeable in at least one of those fields
- Deep scientific curiosity and drive to deliver on non-incremental problems
- Excellent at generating leads – either through scientific insight or networking
- The person who fits this role should be looking to be a partner, not an employee, and so someone able to fill those shoes within the first year of employment is a must
- Have worked with venture funds as a consultant or systematically explored biotechnology business ideas for at least a few years while in academia
- Have invested in public or private biotechnology companies
- Deep knowledge of the history of financial markets and biotechnology
- Someone who has become a deep domain expert in some asset class