In this role, the Kitchen Steward will perform responsibilities in the kitchen, and throughout the Campus as assigned. Responsibilities in the kitchen will include preparation of meals, dishwashing, sanitation of the kitchen and dining room and servicing and restocking of all food services areas as assigned. Responsibilities throughout the Campus may include restocking of restrooms with supplies, cleaning of floors and trash removal.
This role is part-time Monday-Friday, 11:00am-3:00pm.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Assists in food preparation including but not limited to the preparation of soups, sauces, vegetables, meat, fish cutting, dessert and pastry work, following recipes, menu specifications, and/or product directions for measuring, portioning and finishing
- Set up, replenish/restock, and break down coffee/tea stations in assigned areas throughout the working day
- Prepare, set up, break down and reset refreshment breaks in the Central Space and assigned areas
- Properly washes, rinses & sanitizes – china, glass & silverware
- Properly stores clean china, glass & silverware in designated storage areas
- Receives food and paper products and properly stores in designated storage areas at proper temperature – labeled and dated with times and initials for proper rotation
- Cleans and maintains sanitary workstation and equipment using established cleaning procedures and schedules.
- Cleans and maintains common areas of kitchen, back of house, front of house
- Sweeps and mops floors in kitchen, pantries and other areas as assigned
- Removes trash and refuse, and cleans trash cans in the kitchen, pantries, meeting rooms and other areas as assigned
- Adheres to HHMI and HAACP policy and procedures; safety & sanitation.
- Maintains kitchen janitor closet.
- Restock and clean campus restrooms as assigned
- Performs other related duties as assigned
- Must be able to work flexible shifts, nights and weekends
- Candidate must understand the use of various kitchen equipment including, ovens, grill, steam kettle, meat slicer, blender, mixer, chopper, food processor, knives, convection oven, etc.
- This position requires knowledge of floor care, trash, dish machine, and miscellaneous cleaning activities within a kitchen and office environment.
- This position reports directly to Executive Chef.
- At least 6 months of experience in utility work within a hotel, restaurant, or food service environment
- Excellent in following and articulating verbal and written directions
- Must be able to work with industrial cleaning supplies
- Must be able to work with minimal supervision.