Howard Hughes Medical Institute (HHMI) is a science philanthropy whose mission is to advance biomedical research and science education for the benefit of humanity. We empower exceptional scientists and students to pursue fundamental questions about living systems, and work to share scientific discoveries with researchers, students, and science-curious individuals around the world.
Founded in 1953 by aviator and industrialist Howard R. Hughes, HHMI is headquartered in Chevy Chase, Maryland, and employs more than 2,500 people across the U.S. Visit hhmi.org/careers to learn more about working at HHMI.
The Princeton Neuroscience Institute seeks a highly motivated, well-qualified individual to serve as an Animal Behavior Technician. The individual will perform behavioral training of Rodents, and has the possibility to contribute to experiments involving optogenetics and electrophysiology. The Technician will collaborate with graduate students and postdoctoral research fellows and other technicians to facilitate training in a high throughput behavior training system. This position would require that the technician work two nights a week (TBD) from 11:30pm-6:30am.
The qualified candidate must be well organized, reliable, punctual, possess good attention to detail and good communication skills. Must be able to work individually or in a team environment with minimal supervision.
This is a 6 month temporary term position with the possibility of extension based on funding and performance.
Responsibilities include training Rodents on behavioral tasks. Oversight of the health and wellbeing of rodents. Tasks include but are not limited to health checks, socialization, behavior training, and some basic husbandry duties. Duties include maintaining records and data and assisting with the needs of staff, students and faculty.
- Must be able to work in a laboratory environment with normal protective equipment.
- Ability to work on weekends is necessary, and flexible scheduling for time-critical laboratory needs is a plus.
- Experience with basic soldering, computer programming, machining, or 3D printing is a plus.
- High school Degree, Equivalent or certification as an animal technician AALAS Assistant Laboratory Animal Technician (ALAT).
- This position is subject to the University's background check policy
- Must be able to comfortably lift 50lbs
- Previous experience preferred but not required
Please email cover letter, three references and current resume to Jovanna Teran at firstname.lastname@example.org
HHMI is an equal opportunity employer.