For 60 years, HHMI has been moving science forward. We’re an independent, ever-evolving philanthropy that supports basic biomedical scientists and science educators with the potential for transformative impact. We invest in people, not projects. We encourage collaborative and results-driven working styles and offer an adaptable environment where employees can function at their highest level. As HHMI scientists continue to push boundaries in laboratories and classrooms, you can be sure that your contributions while working at HHMI are making a difference.
We are looking for a dynamic Senior Corporate Recruiter to join our People and Culture team. This role will oversee full life-cycle recruiting across all departments at our Headquarters in Chevy Chase, MD.
- Conduct intake meetings with hiring managers to understand recruitment needs. Build customized search strategies to ensure open roles are filled quickly, with minimal disruption to the department.
- Effectively manage and prioritize multiple requisitions autonomously based on business needs.
- Post job advertisement on ATS, industry specific websites, social media sites, internet job boards, etc.
- Review incoming resumes and pre-screen candidates based on job description criteria. Refer qualified candidates to hiring manager.
- Create a positive experience for each and every candidate by providing timely communication and follow up.
- Partner with HR Business Partner to address functional needs and execute against workforce-planning strategies.
- Partner with hiring managers to develop and update job descriptions as well as engaging job postings.
- Develop behavioral interview guides, guiding hiring managers and interview panel on how to conduct a structured interview process which identifies those candidates who best align with HHMI’s mission and culture as well as job fit.
- Partner with Compensation Partner to expedite job market analysis and create competitive job offers in adherence to HHMI’s compensation philosophy.
- Conduct professional reference checks and present job offer to selected candidate.
- Participate in on-site interviews, lead and document post-interview debriefs, and make hiring recommendations.
- Drive continuous improvement process via measurement tools such as scorecards, analytics, as well as hiring manager/candidate feedback.
- Ensure recruiting and hiring practices comply with governmental regulations and HHMI’s policies.
- Maintain accurate records of all phases of the recruitment process.
- Source active and passive candidates through networking, direct sourcing, and working with external executive search firms (as needed), sharing HHMI’s mission, culture, and employment value proposition.
- Represent HHMI for recruiting purposes at identified networking and industry events, job fairs, conferences, etc.
- Communicate, champion, and actively help grow HHMI’s employment brand, including the maintenance of HHMI’s Careers Page and other social media sites to ensure HHMI maintains and builds upon its reputation as an exceptional place to work.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business Administration or similar discipline required.
- PHR/SPHR and/or AIRS certification preferred.
- Four to six years of full lifecycle recruiting.
- Expert level experience performing searches that produce qualified candidates using various recruitment sources such as cold calls, networking, Internet job boards, career fairs, internal talent pools, and employee referrals.
- Experience with Workday recruitment module preferred.
Skills and Abilities:
- Advanced Word, Excel and PowerPoint skills.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Ability to interpret, analyze, and present recruiting metrics and trends.
- Demonstrated ability to organize and prioritize projects in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to take initiative and ownership of recruitment process.
- Excellent attention to detail and customer service skills.
- Ability to handle and maintain confidential information.