Evotec is a leader in the discovery and development of novel small molecule drugs with operational sites in Europe and the US. The company has built substantial drug discovery expertise and an industrialized platform that can drive new innovative small molecule compounds into the clinic. In addition, Evotec has built a deep internal knowledge base in the treatment of diseases related to neuroscience, pain, inflammation and metabolic diseases. Leveraging these skills and expertise the company intends to deliver superior sciencedriven discovery alliances with pharmaceutical and biotechnology companies.
The Evotec Göttingen bioinformatics team is looking for a highly motivated and dedicated
System Engineer (m/f/d)
full-time and permanent
with a passion for Linux systems and a keen interest in scientific computing and life sciences. As part of the bioinformatics team, you will help to build computational tools to enable new approaches in drug discovery.
Your key responsibilities:
- Setup and maintenance of server machines and a large variety of scientific software
- Help building a high-performance data analysis platform
- End user support of a laboratory information management system
- Software testing
- Master degree in computer science or equivalent several years of experience in setup and maintenance of academic software on Linux systems as well as first experience with IT-Security
- Experience within Life Sciences is preferred
- Demonstrated knowledge of (container) virtualization and a good understanding of software development
- Knowledge in R, Python, or databases is a plus
- Excellent team working skills while being autonomous in daily work
- Fluency in English
- A permanent position within a vigorous and exciting professional environment promoted by an open culture and a spirit of community
- A diverse, international workforce with a dynamic working environment that fosters creativity, innovations and teamwork
- Capital-forming benefits, holiday pay and annual bonus payment depending on performance
To apply, please click on the “Apply Now” button and provide your application documents (CV and cover letter including the earliest possible start date and salary requirements). We are curious to get to know you and we are looking forward to your application.
Evotec International AG • Human Resources • Essener Bogen 7 • 22419 Hamburg
For more information click: www.evotec.com