Evotec is a leader in the discovery and development of novel small molecule drugs with operational sites in Europe and the US. The company has built substantial drug discovery expertise and an industrialized platform that can drive new innovative small molecule compounds into the clinic. In addition, Evotec has built a deep internal knowledge base in key therapeutic areas including neuroscience, pain, inflammation, oncology, metabolic and infectious diseases. Leveraging these skills and expertise the company intends to deliver superior science-driven discovery alliances with pharmaceutical and biotechnology companies.
At our subsidiary in Göttingen, the bioinformatics team is looking for a dedicated and professional
Bioinformatics Scientist (m/f/d)
full-time and permanent
with a keen interest in applying state of the art bioinformatics to target ID and drug discovery.
We are applying advanced methods in transcriptomics, proteomics, CRISPR and compound screening to generate large volumes of biological data. In close collaboration with wet-lab and with project scientists the bioinformatics team analyses these data to generate knowledge about gene function and compound activities in various disease areas. As integral part of the data analysis we develop our own algorithms and tools according to project needs.
Your key responsibilities:
- Multi-OMICS data analysis, e.g. single cell and high throughput RNA-Seq
- Build interactive applications for multi-OMICS data
- Work with researchers in interdisciplinary project teams in multiple research programs
- Masters degree or Ph.D. in bioinformatics, informatics or biostatistics
- Proficiency in working with bioinformatics tools and understanding of common bioinformatics algorithms
- Knowledge of software development methodologies (version control, testing, documentation) is a plus
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work independently in a fast-paced work environment
- A permanent position within a vigorous and exciting professional environment promoted by an open culture and a spirit of community
- A diverse, international workforce with a dynamic working environment that fosters creativity, innovations and teamwork
- Capital-forming benefits, holiday pay and annual bonus payment depending on performance
To apply, please click on the “Apply via Recruiter” button and provide your application documents (CV and cover letter including the earliest possible start date and salary requirements). We are curious to get to know you, and we are looking forward to your application.
Evotec International AG • Human Resources • Essener Bogen 7 • 22419 Hamburg
For more information click: www.evotec.com