Head of Nestlé Institute of Packaging Sciences
“I want to achieve great things and I want them to be noticed”
Nestlé Research, Lausanne Switzerland Undefined period of time contract, act. rate 100%
Nestlé is the world’s largest food and beverage company and is present in 189 countries. Employees are committed to Nestlé’s purpose of enhancing quality of life and contributing to a healthier future.
Nestlé Research is based in Lausanne, Switzerland and employs approximately 800 people. It consists of currently of four major research institutes: Health Sciences, Material Sciences, Food Safety & Analytical Sciences and Packaging Sciences. As part of the largest research and development operation of any food company worldwide, the newly created Nestlé Institute of Packaging Sciences is looking for an innovative, entrepreneurial and dynamic individual to lead and develop research in novel packaging solutions.
Nestlé Research combines fundamental science at the highest level, high-end analytical platforms leveraged by all research teams, and strong prototyping capabilities to accelerate the translation of science into innovation. Nestlé Research published around 1,000 scientific publications in peer review journals over the last five years, and files about 80 patents every year. Nestlé Research collaborates with approximately 100 universities or research institutes around the world. Learn more about Nestlé Research at www.nestle.com/randd.
Demonstrating excellent strategic vision and empowering leadership, you will be developing and implementing the research strategy for the Institute, encompassing novel packaging solutions, rapid prototyping, and packaging quality & safety.
- Build research strategy to address challenges in novel packaging solutions
- Develop a strong external alliance to develop together with suppliers new materials to replace petrol-based plastics across the whole packaging value chain
- Identify and execute cross functional and transformational projects.
- Engage stakeholders across the value chain, and set-up alliances / research agreements with external partners.
- Enhance the environmental, health and societal impact of our processes and products to support the company’s growth.
- Attract talents, lead and develop staff to ensure availability and capacity in novel packaging research, packaging safety and sustainability.
- PhD in the area of Packaging research or Food Contact Materials.
- Seasoned leader in R&D and credibility in the field of food packaging development & design, with emphasis on sustainable packaging.
- Competence in researching technical solutions related to sustainable food packaging.
- Experience in developing and implementing complex research programs.
- Proven successful experience in leading groups of experts (~50 people) and passion about coaching and developing people.
- Experience in an industry environment, combined with a strong scientific publications track record.
- Fluent in English both spoken and written.
Show us that you have the ability to develop and execute strategy and strong leadership skills to manage cross-functional teams. Your visionary and analytical skills combined with excellent communication, diplomacy and influencing skills, is what will set you apart from other candidates. If you have the courage to advance us to the next level of packaging expertise, and if you want to make a difference to our performance, please apply in English with full CV, Cover letter and Publication list.