The Tissue Core Facility at the Moffitt Cancer Center is seeking a talented and motivated individual to join the Research Histology Laboratory as a Research Specialist II.
The Tissue Core (TC) is the central biorepository for Moffitt Cancer Center. The overall goal of the TC is to collect, process, store, and release high-quality, well-annotated biospecimens in support of research.
Research Histology Services includes basic histology services, research-focused immunohistochemistry, and construction of tissue microarrays. Overall, the TC offers 81 distinct biobanking and biospecimen-related services that meet or exceed NCI best practice recommendations and College of American Pathologists (CAP) Biorepository Accreditation standards to ensure high-quality biospecimen collection and processing validated through standardization, documentation, and emphasis on quality management.
The Research Specialist II will be responsible for request management and support for the histology laboratory research requests in the following ways:
• Request intake and requirements gathering
• Histology equipment routine maintenance in accordance with CAP guidelines
• Specimen labeling, processing and/or handling
• Including Microtomy and Cryotomy
• Documentation and inventory management in inventory system application
The Research Specialist II should possess knowledge that will allow them to perform general laboratory techniques and follow established practices and protocols in the core facility such as:
• Performs assigned tasks and learns new procedures under minimal direction of senior staff.
• Demonstrates the ability to apply related concepts in broadly defined means with minimal guidance.
• Attends in-house courses, seminars and workshops, related to core activities and cancer biology.
• Uses Microsoft applications proficiently.
Candidate must have a bachelor’s degree in a core related field of study and three years lab experience. One year experience in core specific applications would be preferred. HT/HTL is preferred.
Moffitt is the only National Cancer Institute-designated Comprehensive Cancer Center based in the state of Florida. Moffitt has exceptional research and clinical facilities, and truly exceptional institutional and state support for research. Moffitt is located in Tampa, Florida, which is a thriving city with a low cost of living, excellent culture and outstanding restaurants, and a high quality of life. If you are someone who can appreciate the sunshine, the nation’s top beaches, and year-round golf, biking, boating, fishing, tennis, swimming, snorkeling and other recreational activities that are associated with the Gulf Coast of Florida, then we want you to apply.
How to Apply: Interested applicants should visit the Moffitt careers page by clicking the following link to apply. Req 29654 – Research Specialist II