The German Federal Institute for Risk Assessment (BfR) is the national institute which prepares expert reports and opinions on questions concerning the safety of food, feed and chemicals, as well as consumer health protection, on the basis of internationally recognised scientific evaluation criteria. It advises the Federal Government and other institutions and interest groups in these areas. The BfR conducts its own research on topics that are closely linked to its assessment tasks. It is an institution with legal capacity within the portfolio of the Federal Ministry of Food and Agriculture (BMEL).
The following permanent position is to be filled with immediate effect in the Safety in the Food Chain department at the BfR in the “Residues” unit:
- Salary group 14 TVöD -
Reference number: 2120/2018
Part-time work is possible.
- Management of the National Reference Laboratory (NRL) for dioxins and PCB in foods and feeds
- Instrumental analytics in the trace level field with main focus on the chemical-analytical detection of contaminants, especially dioxins/PCB, perfluorinated alkylated substances, brominated flame retardants and chloroparaffins in foods and feeds
- Development, optimisation and validation of chemical-analytical methods for determining contaminants in foods and feeds
- Professional support/consultancy, coordination and conducting of training for official monitoring laboratories
- Organisation of interlaboratory comparisons and suitability tests
- Risk assessment with main emphasis on the evaluation of the health risks of contaminants in the food chain
- Drafting of scientific publications, processing of data for reports and presentations in the form of posters or presentations at national and international conferences
- National and international committee work
- Initiation of research projects (e.g. carry-over tests) in the above-mentioned work areas
- Acquisition of third party-funded projects
- University degree (master’s, diploma) or comparable university degree) with doctorate in Food Chemistry, Chemistry or comparable natural science subject
- Several years of practical professional experience in the field of the analytics of contaminants is a prerequisite
- Outstanding knowledge and practical experience in the field of modern instrumental ana-lytics, in particular the coupling of chromatographic separation methods with mass spectrometers essential
- Knowledge of statistical methods of data evaluation preferred
- Several years of experience of working in an accredited laboratory (quality management in line with DIN EN ISO/IEC 17025) and the validation of analysis methods
- Ability to perform scientific tasks independently is essential
- Experience of team management preferred
- Very good knowledge in the field of toxicology and the risk assessment of contaminants preferred
- Very good knowledge of the relevant legislation
- Knowledge of the acquisition of research projects of advantage
- Knowledge of the relevant national authorities and corresponding EU bodies
- Experience of national and international committee work preferred
- Very good written and spoken German and English
- Good computer literacy and practical experience of database management, as well as a conscientious work approach, flexibility, ability to work in a team and the ability to cope with pressure are prerequisites
The place of work is Berlin.
More information is available from Dr. Lüth (Tel.: 030 18412 – 3179).
The BfR welcomes applications from people of all nationalities. The BfR is an innovative scientific institute offering family-friendly working conditions for which it was awarded the “audit berufundfamilie®” (work and family) certificate. The BfR guarantees equal career opportunities for women and men, and is therefore particularly interested in receiving applications from women. In the case of equal suitability, severely disabled applicants will be given preferential consideration and are only required to have a minimum level of physical suitability.
Does this appeal to you?
Then please submit your application via our online system by 21 December 2018.
If you have any questions regarding the application procedure, please contact: email@example.com. Please do not send any applications to this e-mail address.
If you are unable to submit your application online, you have the option of sending it by standard mail, stating the relevant reference number (Bundesinstitut für Risikobewertung, Personalreferat - 11.17 -, Max-Dohrn-Str. 8-10, 10589 Berlin, Germany).
This text version is a translation of the original German text which is the only legally binding version.