The primary purpose of this Senior Research Assistant position is to independently coordinate and conduct advance experiments in human cell culture systems and carry out research projects in molecular and biomedical biology related fundamental mechanism of cancer and disease development, with emphasis on fluorescence microscope techniques. Experience with human cell culture and microscopes highly desirable. Construct, assemble and operate laboratory apparatus and equipment. Read literature and confer with superiors regarding new procedures and modify them according to the needs of the project. Records, analyses and presents data obtained to PI in accordance with methods requested. Assists in the maintenance of the laboratory.
The salary range is min $ 39,200 mid $ 49,000 max $ 58,800.
Candidates will be trained and expected to independently perform any the following advance techniques:
1. Be trained independently perform and be trained in specialized assay systems using fluorescence microscope techniques.
2. Be trained to independently perform any of the following techniques: cell culture experiments, cell surgical assays, basic and original genome instability experiments, basic and advanced molecular biology techniques (RNA, DNA and protein) including Western blotting and PCR, others as research demands
3. Cell culture experience derived from patient samples (blood, skin punches, tumor etc) desirable.
4. Willing to learn and perform basic and advanced molecular techniques.
5. Must be able to accurately pipet, follow protocols and perform accurate calculations as needed for the conduct of the work.
6. Must maintain accurate, detailed records and experimental data and protocols.
7. Communicates and summarize results for presentations, peer reviewed publications and internal communications.
8. Performs common lab routine maintenance as needed.
9. Other duties as required.
Required: Bachelor's degree in one of the natural sciences or related field.
Required: Three years of experience in scientific or experimental research work. With preferred degree, one year of required experience.
- Employee Status: Regular
- Minimum Salary: US Dollar (USD) 39,200
- Midpoint Salary: US Dollar (USD) 49,000
- Maximum Salary : US Dollar (USD) 58,800