Job Title: Solution Specialist
Reporting Line: Vice President Solution Specialists
We are looking for a Solution Specialist for Databases in China. The role of the Solution Specialist is a combination of a product expert with excellent sales skills to execute our dedicated sales strategy to sell our scientific databases and tools to academic, governmental and corporate customers in China.
The main goal of the Solution Specialist is to achieve significant new business growth over the next years for 2 of our core databases for researchers, SpringerMaterials and Nano. To be successful the candidate must have excellent competences to generate interest and demand at the level of professors, research group and department leader at Universities and research institutions. He/she also needs to be capable drive opportunities to the next stage and close deals as well as establishing and expanding trustful rapports to multiple stakeholders within Springer Nature and the customer organization.
Given the specific propositions of the databases, we are looking for a candidate who has already been successful in selling scientific databases to research-oriented organizations, institutions, and faculties. The candidate will be part of the global sales team reporting to the Vice President Solution Specialists and work closely with the local product manager and the local sales team in China. The position is located in Beijing, China.
• Achieve new business goals in the assigned territory
• Extensive prospecting and opportunity generation in an environment with multiple and diverse stakeholders
• Give effective product pitches and demonstrations, including successful objection handling
• Coordinate, support product trials to maximize the positive customer experience and improve the conversion rate
• Be able to create tailored proposals that address the specific customer situation and highlight the customer specific benefits
• Disciplined pipeline and opportunity management, including regular forecasting
• Partnering with the respective product managers to increase product knowledge, solve challenging customer situations and win large deals
• Close cooperation with the local sales team to align the sales approach on account level in order to maximize the sales results
• Attending relevant conferences and events for networking, relationship building, and opportunity generation
• Master in Materials Science, Physics, Chemistry, Engineering or similar (a Ph.D. is a strong plus)
• An established network to researchers and professors in China and the capability to utilize and to expand it
• 1+ years of selling to academic and governmental research institutions
• Excellent communication (reading, writing, speaking, and listening) and interpersonal skills
• Excellent consultative sales approach and skills
• Self-motivated quick learner, disciplined time management and result-driven
• Entrepreneurial mindset to apply a global strategy to the characteristics of your territory
• Working knowledge of MS Office (Powerpoint, Excel, Word )
• Ability to travel at least 50% of work time within China
• Native in Chinese, Fluent in English
What can you expect in your role?
• Working for a global, innovative publisher
• Competitive salary and bonus plan
• Ongoing investment in the dedicated research databases
• Professional onboarding program with extensive product learning and training
• Extensive online resources to assist with your self-development
• Result-driven and cooperative environment
• Excellent team support and coaching on the job