The German Federal Institute for Risk Assessment (BfR) is the national institute which pre-pares expert reports and opinions on questions concerning the safety of food, feed and chemicals, as well as consumer health protection, on the basis of internationally recognised scientific evaluation criteria. It advises the Federal Government and other institutions and interest groups in these areas. The BfR conducts its own research on topics that are closely linked to its assessment tasks. It is an institution with legal capacity within the portfolio of the Federal Ministry of Food and Agriculture (BMEL).
The following temporary position is to be filled with immediate effect for a probable period of three years in the Food Safety department at the BfR in the “Effect-based Analytics and Toxicogenomics” unit:
- Salary group 13 TVöD -
Reference number: 2119/2018
Part-time work is possible.
- Scientific collaboration in a third party-funded research project to examine the metabolic effects of food contaminants
- Independent planning and evaluation of proteomics studies in the above project
- Conducting of cytological and molecular biological tasks with main emphasis on human hepatocyte cultures
- Set-up and maintenance of the consortium’s internet presence
- Support of project coordination in communication with external partners
- Bioinformatic evaluation of omics data sets
- Supervision of undergraduates, postgraduates and interns
- Compilation of results for presentations and project reports
- Publication of research results
- University degree (master’s, diploma or comparable degree) with doctorate in Biology, Biochemistry, Food Chemistry or comparable subject
- Practical experience in the field of proteomics
- Knowledge and experience of bioinformatic methods for the computer-supported evalua-tion and interpretation of multi-omics data sets
- Programming knowledge (e.g. R, Python)
- Experience of cytological and molecular biological methods
- Willingness to work with material from experimental animal studies
- Proven publication activities relating to the advertised position
- Very good written and spoken English
- Good computer literacy as well as a conscientious work approach, flexibility, ability to work in a team and the ability to cope with pressure are prerequisites
The place of work is Berlin.
More detailed information is available from PD Dr. Braeuning (Tel.: 030 18412-3758) and Prof. Dr. Dr. Lampen (Tel.: 030 18412-3747).
The BfR welcomes applications from people of all nationalities. The BfR is an innovative scientific institute offering family-friendly working conditions for which it was awarded the “audit berufundfamilie®” (work and family) certificate. The BfR guarantees equal career opportunities for women and men. In the case of equal suitability, severely disabled ap-plicants will be given preferential consideration and are only required to have a minimum level of physical suitability.
Does this appeal to you?
Then please submit your application via our online system by 20 December 2018:
If you have any questions regarding the application procedure, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please do not send any applications to this e-mail address.
If you are unable to submit your application online, you have the option of sending it by standard mail, stating the relevant reference number (Bundesinstitut für Risikobewertung, Personalreferat - 11.17 -, Max-Dohrn-Str. 8-10, 10589 Berlin, Germany).