Scientific Policy Advisor for Radboud Institute for Molecular Life Sciences (RIMLS)
Research within the Radboud university medical centre (Radboudumc) is organized in three research institutes, i.e. Radboud Institute for Health Sciences (RIHS), Radboud Institute for Molecular Life Sciences (RIMLS) and Donders Centre for Neuroscience (DCN). Recently, the Radboud Research Agenda 2025 was published outlining our challenges and related objectives in improving the conceptual and practical impact of our research on healthcare and in advancing the global position of the Radboudumc as a leading academic institution.
Currently, there is a vacancy for a policy advisor for RIMLS. This international research institute focuses on the molecular mechanisms of disease and brings together research groups from Radboudumc and the Faculty of Science (FNWI) of the Radboud University. Clinical and fundamental scientists, who specialize in diverse areas of the life sciences, work closely together in programmes designed to understand the underlying causes of disease. A small staff including the policy advisor, supports our researchers in strategy relating to (inter)national communication, symposia and workshops, talent recruitment, grant acquisition, scientific integrity and graduate school management. Some of the projects are specific to RIMLS, whilst others are general to the Radboudumc as a whole.
Tasks and responsibilities
Your tasks and responsibilities will include, amongst others:
• Further development and implementation of the strategy outlined in the Radboud Research Agenda 2025.
• Further development of the RIMLS including its graduate school, both nationally and internationally.
• Advise and support the scientific director, theme leaders and researchers of RIMLS.
• Work independently on research management projects and represent RIMLS and Radboudumc on local and (inter)national projects and events.
• Work in a team of policy advisors of the Radboudumc research institutes.
• Supervise the secretarial office of RIMLS and the Laboratory Support & Media preparation group (LEM).
• Ph.D. degree in (medical) biology or related discipline.
• Experience with science management is a pre.
• Experience with working in a dynamic, international and complex environment.
• Strong motivation to succeed in science management.
• A flexible and proactive work attitude.
• Time management skills, and the ability to perform under pressure.
• Excellent organisational and communication skills.
• Dutch and English language skills: (near)native speaker and writer.
• Well-developed social skills directed to supervise a team.
The mission of the Radboud Institute for Molecular Life Sciences (RIMLS)
is to achieve a greater understanding of the molecular mechanisms of disease. By integrating fundamental and clinical research, the institute obtains multifaceted knowledge of (patho)physiological processes. To have a significant impact on healthcare, these findings are translated into diagnostics, therapeutics and personalized treatment strategies. RIMLS aims to advance innovation in translational research, based on integrating diverse areas of scientific expertise within the molecular and medical sciences. The multi-disciplinary approach to research in molecular life science is reflected in an established RIMLS Graduate School with a dedicated 2-year research honours MSc degree in Molecular Mechanisms of Disease and a follow-up 4-year PhD program.
Radboudumc strives to be a leading developer of sustainable, innovative and affordable healthcare to improve the health and wellbeing of people and society in the Netherlands and beyond. This is the core of our mission: To have a significant impact on healthcare. To get a better picture of what this entails, check out our strategy.
Read more about what it means to work at
Radboudumc and how you can do your part.
- We offer a temporary contract for one or two years, with the possibility to a permanent employment contract, 36 hours a week.
- We offer you a salary in scale 12: max € 79993 gross per year at full employment (incl. vacation bonus and end of year payments).
Upon commencement of employment we require a certificate of conduct (Verklaring Omtrent het Gedrag, VOG) and there will be a screening based on the provided CV. Radboud university medical center’s HR Department will apply for this certificate on your behalf.
Applicants should send a letter of intent outlining special interest in the position, overall related qualifications, experience and career goals, a curriculum vitae and names and addresses of professional references.
All additional information about the vacancy can be obtained from Prof. René Bindels, scientific director RIMLS. You can sent him an e-mail via Rene.Bindels@radboudumc.nl. Please note that applications through e-mail are not accepted.
Use the application form to submit your application. Please apply before 20 December.
Recruitment agencies are asked not to respond to this job posting.