Institute of Biomaterial Science
Area of research:
Scientific / postdoctoral posts
Postdoc (m/f) - Computational Material Science
code no. 2018/B 14
The place of employment is Teltow (near Berlin, Germany).
The Helmholtz-Zentrum Geesthacht in Geesthacht, near Hamburg, and in Teltow, near Berlin, conducts materials and coastal research. For further information please refer to: www.hzg.de.
The Institute of Biomaterial Science in Teltow of the Helmholtz-Zentrum Geesthacht and Berlin Brandenburg Centre for Regenerative Therapies (BCRT) invite applications for a Postdoc - Computational Material Sciences (m/f) with a focus on work in areas related to computer simulation and modeling of polymeric materials. This is initially a 2-years fixed term contract.
Job responsibilities include the following:
· propose detailed chemical reaction mechanisms and perform mechanism reduction.
· perform kinetic modeling using numeric methods.
· perform simulations of molecular dynamics and statistical mechanics using standard software packages
· connect simulations on multiple time- and lengthscales
· interact with modeling and experimental collaborators at other institutions to analyze and discuss projects
· effectively communicate and interact with scientists and engineers to define the requirements of the simulations and models
· obtain necessary input data for simulations and provide meaningful interpretation of modeling results to guide experiments, operations, and engineering designs
· disseminate knowledge through publications in scientific journals and presentations at conferences, symposia, and meetings
· work with management and senior staff to plan and design projects
· supervision of graduate and undergraduate students
· collaboration with experimental laboratories
What we expect:
· postgraduate degree (Ph.D.) or pursuing in computational chemistry or related fields such as computational materials science or computational physics
· strong background in materials chemistry and physics, modeling and kinetics preferably with an emphasis on biomaterial applications
· fluency in at least one scientific programming environment (e.g. MATLAB)
· demonstrated experience in performing simulations studies that inform and collaborate with experimental projects
· ability to work independently and in teams to deliver high-quality results within aggressive timelines
· excellent technical writing, interpersonal, and communication skills, and writing grant applications
Informal enquiries can be directed to Dr. Burkhard Schulz firstname.lastname@example.org
For details about the institute, please visit the website at biomaterials.hzg.de
- multinational work environment with over 950 colleagues from more than 50 nations
- extensive options of vocational training (i. a. expert seminars, language courses or leadership seminars)
- flexible working hours and various models to ensure the compatibility of family and career
- excellent infrastructure, including a scientific in-house library as well as modern work spaces
- remuneration according to the standards of the collective wage agreement TV-AVH including further social benefits
The promotion of equal rights is a matter of course for us. Severely disabled persons and these equals severely disabled persons who are equally suitable for the position will be considered preferentially within the framework of legal requirements.
Please send your application indicating job offer code no. 2018/B 14 including your CV, description of your scientific expertise, publication list, copies of credentials (B.Sc., M.Sc., Ph.D.) including grades, and names and addresses of three academic referees to email@example.com. Attachments of your application preferentially should consist of one PDF file not exceeding 10 MB.
Closing date for applications is 02.01.2019.