University Medical Center Freiburg is a full-service hospital and one of the largest in Europe. More than 11,000 employees care for patients’ health and well being around the clock.
The Faculty of Medicine of the University of Freiburg is offering within the DFG-funded Clinician Scientist programme IMM-PACT (coordinator: Prof. Robert Thimme) and in close collaboration with the Berta-Ottenstein-Programme
8 Clinician Scientist Positions
IMM-PACT: Targeting common principles of immune mediated disease: from basic science to novel therapies.
The program will start in April 2019.
The aim of this structured qualification programme is to provide optimal support to clinicians who are undergoing medical specialty training and who have a clear interest in scientific research focused on immunology. Funding is provided for a three-year programme supported by mentors at a clinical institution with academic leadership at the Medical Center – University of Freiburg. An agreed percentage of working hours (typically 40 – 50 %) is allocated exclusively for research.
The proportion of scientific work conducted by Clinician Scientists is financed by IMM-PACT; the respective supervising department commits to finance the Fellow’s clinical work.
The program contains three key components:
- an excellent scientific research programme (including protected time for research)
- a continuous mentoring and qualification programme
- an innovative leadership training programme
Your electronic application must include:
- the application form (please request) with CV and list of publications as attachments
- a letter of motivation
- copies of medical degree, license to practice, and doctoral degree certificate
- project outline (designed for three years)
- signed declaration of support by the director of the clinical department involved in IMM-PACT at the Medical Center – University of Freiburg with confirmation of co-financing, release from patient-care responsibilities, and confirmation regarding the aims and state of the applicant’s medical specialty training
- letter of support from the scientific and clinical mentors
Please read the instruction in the application form, which you can request from the coordination office: firstname.lastname@example.org. If you require further information, please send an E-Mail to email@example.com.
Please send the complete application documents (requirements set out in the information sheet), preferably via E-Mail by January 9, 2019, 12:00 (noon) CET to the coordination office. The required documents must be submitted in the order given in the information sheet as a single pdf file without access restrictions.
Medical Center – University of Freiburg
Department of Medicine II
Prof. Dr. Robert Thimme
Hugstetter Str. 55, 79106 Freiburg
Further information on this programme of the Faculty of Medicine and information about the clinical departments involved in IMM-PACT are available at https://www.med.uni-freiburg.de/de/forschung/IMM-PACT.
General information: Salary is assigned according to a pay scale. Unless prevented by operational or legal reasons, full-time positions are generally open to those wishing to job share. Where two candidates are equally suitable for a post, severely disabled candidates are given priority. Employment decisions are made by the Personnel Department.