The University of Cologne offers a wide range of scientific disciplines and internationally leading profile areas organized in six faculties. At the Faculty of Medicine 1.800 scientists are engaged in research, ranging from basic sciences to clinical application, as well as teaching and health care. Together with the University Hospital Cologne the faculty maintains 58 clinics, research institutes and centres. 3.400 students study in this dynamic and innovative environment. The Faculty of Medicine and the University Hospital Cologne are embedded in the scientifically highly active Rhine region. They have strong contacts to and alliances with the surrounding universities and non-university research institutions guaranteeing scientific excellence in research and teaching.
The Center for Integrated Oncology Cologne-Bonn is seeking applications for a full-time
Scientific Coordinator (f/m)
to be employed under a 5-year contract.
The Center for Integrated Oncology Cologne-Bonn seeks a full-time employed coordinator for the administration and organisation of a training network focused on Clonal Evolution of Cancer and Tumor Immunobiology in Cologne and Bonn funded by the German Cancer Aid (Mildred-Scheel Nachwuchszentrum). The network will train Clinician Scientists and Medical Scientists at all points of their professional carriers. The successful candidate will work closely with the speaker of the network, Prof. Christian Reinhardt, at the University Hospital of Cologne. The coordination office will be supported by a 50% administrative assistant position.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Support the speaker (Prof. Reinhardt) in all organizational points of the training network
- Regularly report to the Dean`s Office and the Third Party Administration Office (DFS Verwaltung)
- Administrative support for the establishment of a new interdisciplinary Postgraduate Program for MDs and PhDs with the Title “Molecular Cancer Genomics and Drug Development” in cooperation with the Medical and Natural Science Departments of the Universities of Cologne and Bonn
- Manage the overall budget of the project
- Organize annual retreats and other events of the training network (seminars, courses, networking meetings etc.)
- Responsibility for the visibility and public relations of the training network (press releases, website and other events)
- The candidate should have excellent organizational skills and enjoy working in an independent and proactive manner with maximum flexibility in a dynamic environment
- Effective multi-tasking and the ability to work to tight deadlines
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills and an excellent standard of written and spoken English and German are essential
- MD, PhD or equivalent qualification in life sciences or natural sciences, preferentially with a focus on cancer research, is desirable
- Professional experience in project management and administration of third party funds is desirable
- Close cooperation with the CIO coordination’s team
- Possibility of further education and training
- Flexible working hours
Your salary will be based on TV-L E13
Applications from female candidates are expressly welcome and will be given priority in the event of equal suitability, competence and professional performance.
We also welcome applications from disabled candidates, who will also be given preferential consideration over other applicants with comparable qualifications.
The position is suitable for staffing with part-time employees.
Please address telephone enquiries to Dr. Cornelia von Levetzow +49 221 478-87443 and Dr. Carmen Sánchez +49 221 478-97587.
Further information is available on the internet at https://www.cio-koeln-bonn.de/
Have we awakened your interest? Please submit your application (including a detailed CV, list of publications, two references and a brief statement of research interests) here online www.uk-koeln.de/karriere/
We prefer online applications, but you also have the opportunity to apply via regular mail by 21 December 2018 quoting the reference number e410 to
Klinik I für Innere Medizin
Dr. Carmen Sánchez / Cornelia von Levetzow