Cellenion is a fast growing biotech company based in Lyon (France). Cellenion developed cellenONE®, a breakthrough platform allowing rapid and automated isolation and dispensing of single cells, nuclei or synthetic particles. With a growing international customer portfolio, Cellenion would like to further develops its own solutions for sequencing applications and is seeking a highly motivated and innovative scientist specialised in single cell NGS wet chemistry. The candidate will use his expertise and creativity to develop products for single cell NGS applications (genome, transcriptome and epigenome) following customer’s need and the input given by our marketing/sales team.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
• Develop chemistry and protocols that enable scaling down of regular library preparations to single cell and ultra-low volume reaction for NGS sequencing: design oligo, protocols, perform experiments, analyze data and validate outcomes.
• Adapt or develop NGS methods for highly parallelized and efficient library preparation and target enrichment: buffers, enzymes, primers, labware and other consumables.
• Design procedures to automate NGS library generation with our cellenONE technology.
• Actively seek collaborations with global research/industry leaders working at the cutting edge of NGS technology.
• Work closely with scientific, analytical, engineering, and commercial teams to develop, transfer, and sustain new products.
• Interface with various departments and serve as internal consultant.
• Present work externally at conferences, in peer-reviewed publications and open source contributions.
• Participate to strategic decision for the company’s development.
All listed tasks and responsibilities are deemed as essential functions to this position; however, business conditions may require reasonable accommodations for additional task and responsibilities.
To qualify, you will have the following skills and experience:
• An advanced degree (MSc./Ph.D.) in molecular biology, genetics or related scientific disciplines.
• At least 2 years after your Ph.D., or 5 years after a master’s degree of prior relevant experience acquired in an academic or industrial environment.
• Experience in developing NGS protocols for single cell sequencing with barcoding and UMI specificities.
• Experience in ready-to-use kit, including optimization and troubleshooting for clinical and non-clinical applications.
• Experience and understanding of the technical solutions provided by the major player in NGS: consumables providers, QC equipment and sequencing technologies.
• Knowledge in bioinformatics pipeline for NGS data analysis.
Good to have:
• Understanding the field of biology and genetics and their applications: oncology, immunology, neurology…
• Experience with product development, programming, product design and marketing.
• Knowledge of other molecular technologies; qPCR, ddPCR, microarray, and other emerging technologies.
To join us you will:
• Be able to work in English.
• Have excellent interpersonal skills and be highly collaborative.
• Be able to work independently in a fast-paced environment with rapidly changing priorities.
• Show good scientific writing, communication, presentation and documentation skills.
• Have eagerness to learn quickly in new areas.
• Exceptional data analysis, communication and technical management skills.
• Want to drive your own project within company’s objectives and participate to a human adventure.
Cellenion believes that everyone has the ability to make an impact, and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to providing a dynamic and enjoyable working environment. If you’d like to join our team, please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.