A “research centre for horticultural crops“ is being established at the Erfurt University of Applied Sciences from 2019, in close cooperation with the Friedrich Schiller University Jena. This is divided into four research projects, each with its own administrative unit. The projects deal with questions arising from current challenges of horticultural plant production. These research questions will be worked on with modern bioscience approaches and methods. In the course of which, subject to the projects being approved, the following vacancy in the project Plant microbe interactions in sustainable cultivation is to be filled:
Reference number: FGK 09
The position is for an initial period of 3 years. The option exists of a total contract period until 31.12.2028, subject to the continued release of funds by the project sponsor as well as a positive interim evaluation.
Areas of responsibility:
- planning and implementation of trials in the field of microbiology and microbiome analysis
- evaluation and publication/presentation of research findings
- applying for third-party funding
- completed degree (master, diploma (university)) in biology or comparable field, doctorate desirable
- advanced knowledge of microbiology and microbiome analysis
- documented publication achievements in international learned journals
- excellent communication skills in German and English
Remuneration is based on personal qualifications up to pay category 13 TV-L. We are seeking to have more women at our university and are therefore particularly grateful for applications from women. Persons with severe disabilities will be preferred for employment in the event of other qualifications being equal.
Send your application with informative documentation, stating the reference number FGK FGK 09, by 09.12.2018 to
Dezernat Personal und Recht
Postfach 45 01 55
For cost reasons you are requested to send application documents in copy form. After the selection process has been concluded, the documents of applicants not considered will be destroyed. If you wish them to be returned, we ask you to enclose a return envelope with sufficient postage. Costs arising through the application will not be refunded.
We process the personal data you provide in accordance with Section 27 ThürDSAnpUG-EU (Thuringian Data Protection Adaptation and Implementation Act EU).