Tenure Track Position in Quantum Materials
The Department of Chemistry, Biochemistry and Physics at Université du Québec à Trois-Rivières (UQTR) welcomes applications from qualified individuals for a tenure-track position in Quantum Materials.
The chosen candidate will be engaged in teaching, research, and community service, and will provide pedagogical guidance.
• Must hold a Ph.D. degree in Physics, in an area related to theoretical condensed matter physics (specifically computational materials sciences).
• Preference will be given to candidates with international postdoctoral experience.
• Must have demonstrated expertise in ab initio calculations of materials properties, particularly catalysts and materials for energy storage and conversion;
• Have expertise in high throughput screening using AI algorithms for catalysis and storage materials;
• Have expertise in multi-scale simulations of materials properties, using molecular dynamics and Monte Carlo approaches, or other statistic physics simulations methods.
• Applicants should demonstrate how they would contribute to at least one research unit affiliated with the Department of Chemistry, Biochemistry and Physics.
• Must be proficient in high-performance computing tools to participate in the development or enhancement of course offerings in this area.
• Applicants are expected to apply for membership in Calcul Québec, the Centre Québécois sur les Matériaux Fonctionnels (CQMF) and/or the Regroupement Québécois sur les Matériaux de Pointe (RQMP).
• Ideally, the applicant will be able to participate in the development of course offerings at UQTR in the fields of Quantum Computing and Artificial Intelligence.
• Knowledge of French is required for this position.
• All qualified individuals are invited to apply; however, priority will be given to applicants with Canadian citizenship or permanent resident status.
• Two letters of reference should be sent directly by the referees to the following address: email@example.com.
• The position and hiring are subject to approval by the relevant authorities.
Starting date: June 1, 2019, or as agreed upon with the University.
Other information/How to apply:
For a full job description (in French) and application details, please visit our website at www.uqtr.ca/postesofferts. Only applications submitted via the UQTR careers site will be considered.
Closing date: 5 p.m., January 11, 2019
UQTR is a young university with a highly personal environment, firmly focused on scientific research. With more than 280 programs of study, including several that are unique to Québec and Canada, UQTR stands out for its dynamic community and the expertise of its faculty.
We are an equal opportunity employer and encourage applications from women, members of visible and ethnic minorities, Aboriginal people and individuals with disabilities. Accommodation measures can be provided to people with disabilities according to their needs.