Tenure Track Position in Photocatalysis and/or Electrochemistry
The Department of Chemistry, Biochemistry and Physics at Université du Québec à Trois-Rivières (UQTR) welcomes applications from qualified individuals for a tenure-track position in Photocatalysis and/or Electrochemistry.
The chosen candidate will be engaged in teaching, research, and community service, and will provide pedagogical guidance.
• Must hold a Ph.D. degree in Inorganic Chemistry, in any area of photocatalysis and/or electrochemistry.
• Preference will be given to candidates with international postdoctoral experience.
• Must be able to teach courses in inorganic chemistry and/or physical chemistry, which are high-need areas for the department. Ideally, the applicant will have experience teaching these disciplines.
• Should have a strong publication track record in a related scientific area such as materials photocatalysis or electrochemistry, specifically inorganic/organometallic chemistry.
• Should be able to mentor graduate students at the masters level in Chemistry and Physics, and at the masters and doctoral levels in Energy and Materials Sciences.
• Applicants should be able to develop their own research program.
• Should be able to work collaboratively with other members of the Department of Chemistry, Biochemistry and Physics. Given his or her interests in materials, the applicant should also be able to collaborate with members of the Institut de recherche sur l’hydrogène (IRH) and the Centre de recherche sur les matériaux lignocellulosiques (CRML).
• Knowledge of French is required for this position.
• All qualified individuals are invited to apply; however, priority will be given to applicants with Canadian citizenship or permanent resident status.
• Two letters of reference should be sent directly by the referees to the following address: email@example.com.
• The position and hiring are subject to approval by the relevant authorities.
Starting date: June 1, 2019, or as agreed upon with the University.
Other information/How to apply:
For a full job description (in French) and application details, please visit our website at www.uqtr.ca/postesofferts. Only applications submitted via the UQTR careers site will be considered.
Closing date: 5 p.m., January 11, 2019
UQTR is a young university with a highly personal environment, firmly focused on scientific research. With more than 280 programs of study, including several that are unique to Québec and Canada, UQTR stands out for its dynamic community and the expertise of its faculty.
We are an equal opportunity employer and encourage applications from women, members of visible and ethnic minorities, Aboriginal people and individuals with disabilities. Accommodation measures can be provided to people with disabilities according to their needs.