Plant Genome and Systems Biology
Area of research:
Scientific / postdoctoral posts
As German Research Center for Environmental Health, Helmholtz Zentrum München pursues the goal of developing personalized medical approaches for the prevention and therapy of major common diseases such as diabetes mellitus, allergies and lung diseases. To achieve this, it investigates the interaction of genetics, environmental factors and lifestyle.
For the analysis and management of plant genomic data, the Plant Genome and Systems Biology group is looking for aResearch Scientist in Bioinformatics (f/m/diverse)
- Analysis of functional and structural plant genome data in the context of available genome information
- Apply bioinformatic methods to biological problems in a strong interdisciplinary environment
- Development of databases and Frontend-solutions to process and visualise genomic information
- Development and implementation of workflows for the standardised analysis of plant genome data
- Close cooperation with experimental group
- Advanced degree in bioinformatics (Master, Diplom) or related, preferably a PhD
- Strong knowledge in (plant-) genomics and biology
- Know How applying bioinformatic algorithms, sequence analysis, NGS data analysis
- Strong expertise in at least one scientific programming language (Python, Java, C++)
- Experience in database development (MySQL, Oracle, Postgres, noSQL DBs)
- Ideally experience in web-/frontend-development
At the Helmholtz Zentrum München, you can contribute together with leading researchers to the investigation of the development, prevention and treatment of environmental diseases such as diabetes, chronic lung diseases and allergies. In order to further promote your professional development, we offer extensive and targeted research training and career programmes. We support the reconciliation between work and private life with flexible working time models, occupational health management, day care facility for children, a childcare subsidy, Elder Care, as well as other counseling and support services.
Remuneration and benefits are in accordance with the collective agreement for the public service (TV EntgO Bund).
The position is (initially) limited to two years and can be combined with an independent application for the Helmholtz Postdoctoral Fellowship Program: www.helmholtz-muenchen.de/fellows/index.html. The relevant project is described here in more detail: www.helmholtz-muenchen.de/fellows/application/research-subjects-2018/20150/index.html. Please revisit the eligibility criteria and note the application deadline of November 30, 2018 at 23:59 Central European Time (GMT+1) for the Helmholtz Postdoctoral Fellowship Program. Applications for this position without Postdoctoral Fellowship Program will still be accepted after this deadline.
The activity involves special knowledge and experience specific to own scientific skills.
As a holder of the Total E-Quality Award, we promote equality of opportunity. In order to increase the proportion of women in management positions, we would be pleased to receive corresponding applications. Qualified applicants with physical disabilities will be given preference.
We are looking forward to receiving your comprehensive online application.