Turnstone Biologics is a clinical-stage, immuno-oncology company focused on the development of next-generation oncolytic viral immunotherapies for patients with a broad range of solid tumors. Turnstone’s unique, first-in-class oncolytic viral immunotherapies harness anti-tumor immunity by combining the potent tumor-killing effects of an oncolytic virus with a tumor-targeted T-cell vaccine. Our robust pipeline of early-stage biologics, based on our MG1 oncolytic virus platform, are in development for multiple solid tumors and are being evaluated in combination with other immunotherapies, including checkpoint inhibitors, to drive unprecedented, durable T-cell immune responses. Turnstone continues to build a world-class, high-performing company that embraces being a learning organization with a sense of urgency. Turnstone has a seasoned board of directors and venture capital partners, and highly active R&D efforts led by a world-class scientific management team. Turnstone is co-located in Ottawa, and Hamilton, Canada and New York, USA.
Under the direction of the Sr. Scientist in Hamilton, the Post-Doctoral Fellow/Research Associate will play key roles in the design, execution, and analysis of experiments to further the development of Turnstone Biologics’ growing pipeline. This is an exciting opportunity to work along side senior researchers and project teams to perform discovery and development research that will ultimately inform clinical development.
Our company’s technology is based around replicating oncolytic virus vaccines engineered to target tumours and launch massive tumour targeting immune responses. Your role will be to join a dynamic team of immunologists and molecular biologists who strive to further understand, and improve, the oncolytic vaccine platform. If you are interested in translating your immunology/oncology experience into next-generation cancer therapies, and are meticulous and driven to achieve; then this opportunity may be just what you are looking for.
- Lead various aspects of in vitro and in vivo studies including but not limited to: organizing teams, scheduling and executing experiments, collecting, interpreting and communicating results
- Prepare data/figures to present to senior research staff
- Generate study reports in a timely manner
- Contribute to a team-centric culture that embraces scientific excellence, integrity, and urgency
Qualifications & Experience:
- PhD in immunology/biology/oncology or related field, with 0-2 years experience in an academic or industrial laboratory
- Robust understanding of innate and adaptive immune system is required
- Hands-on experience using multi-colour flow cytometry to assess T cell phenotype/function/activation
- Experienced in mammalian cell culture. Work with viruses or other BSL-2 agents is preferrable
- Working knowledge of common molecular techniques is an asset (e.g. PCR, western blot, sequencing)
- Must have good analytical and problem-solving abilities
- Self-starter with a strong work ethic, and attention to detail
- Ability to quickly adapt to shifting priorities
- Knowledge and experience with standard software (e.g. FlowJo, Microsoft Office Suite, Graphpad Prism)
- Knowledge and commitment to Occupational Health and Safety Procedures in a laboratory
Please forward applications via email only to email@example.com including a cover letter and resume. In the e-mail subject line, please indicate the position title POST-DOCTORAL FELLOW/RESEARCH ASSOCIATE-Immunology.
Turnstone Biologics welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities.
Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected will be invited for an interview.