The Schmidtchen Laboratory at Lund University is inviting applications for a postdoctoral fellow to study the role of host defense peptides and their potential therapeutic applications in animal models of wound and inflammation. The laboratory has a great international environment and provides opportunities to develop your career. The position has a strong translational focus and might include involvement in preclinical studies and development of new diagnostics and therapeutics. We exploit new scientific discoveries on natural host defenses for novel therapies and we specialize in the development of proprietary peptide-based drugs for prevention and treatment of inflammatory diseases and infections.
We are seeking a highly motivated individual with a proven track record for publications, background in microbiology, molecular/cell biology and in vivo models. You should be highly motivated and self-driven, enjoying challenging tasks and putting pride in producing results and submitting reports in a timely manner. You are a passionate team player with good communication and presentation skills in English.
- PhD degree within a relevant field. The PhD degree must not be from Lund University. The PhD degree must not be older than three year. The applicant must not have been employed at Lund University in the past two years.
- Experience with in vivo techniques involving mouse models is a must.
- Proficiency in histology, IHC and microscopy (light and fluorescence) and image analysis softwares (e.g. Image J).
- Basic cell biology techniques including ELISA, SDS-page, Western blot and other basic protein assays.
- Basic cell culture techniques.
- Bacterial culture and other microbiological assays such as viable count assay.
- Job requires writing scientific reports and publications. Prior experience of writing for scientific publications is a must.
- Experience in IVIS imaging is an advantage.
The position is open from 1 February, and for 2 years, the contract will be reviewed every 6 months. Please email a cover letter, list of references and CV describing your experience and proficiency for each above-mentioned requirement in a point wise manner to Artur Schmidtchen, Professor, at firstname.lastname@example.org