For more than 260 years we have found, published and distributed the works of science pioneers at De Gruyter (pronounced: [də gʁɔʏ̯tɐ]). In 28 disciplines, from A as in Arts, or M as in Material Sciences, to T as in Theology and Religion, we produce relevant publications. From Basel, Berlin, Boston, Munich, Beijing, Warsaw and Vienna we send knowledge into the world. And never stop learning – in our culture of courageous zeitgeist, charming enthusiasm and enjoyable expertise. Do you want to know? Welcome to De Gruyter!
SENIOR ACQUISITIONS EDITOR MATHEMATICS (F/M/D)
BERLIN | FULL-TIME (100%) | AT THE EARLIEST POSSIBLE DATE
Located in the area of Science, Technology, Engineering & Mathematics, the Mathematics editorial office is continuously developing its portfolio of first-class specialist literature. In your role you are responsible for the acquisition of new publication projects. The position is open-ended.
• Strategic development of the international publishing program in coordination with the Vice President STEM
• Sound development of our publishing portfolio (books, journals, major reference works, databases)
• Management and expansion of contacts with scientists, institutions and societies
• Budget responsibility regarding publication schedule and project-related targets
• A thorough insight and full understanding of all aspects of publishing. The ideal candidate will add good contacts and experience
• He or she will have developed book and journal programs at a previous publishing house, or have acquired similar practical qualifications at a research institute or else which provides the candidate with a wide network of potential authors
• Based on his/her experience, the applicant will bring his/her own professional ties with societies, interest groups and individuals to our publishing house, and will deepen his/her knowledge by travelling to international conferences, seeing partners in the industry as well as being in contact with currently affiliated editors and authors
• A distinct knowledge of project management and experience in creating and implementing budgets
• Excellent communication skills
We offer you
• An exciting professional challenge for one of the innovation drivers of the publishing industry
• Extensive benefits for a healthy, balanced life and work
• Time and space for curiosity, learning and development
• Passionate colleagues in diverse teams
We look forward to receiving your application!