Qatar University Profile:
Qatar University is the premier national institution of higher education with a mission to produce well-rounded graduates with academic knowledge of quality and excellence coupled with a keen spirit of volunteerism and civic responsibility. This is underpinned by committed leadership and an experienced and motivated faculty and staff body.
College of Engineering Profile:
Established in 1980, the College of Engineering offers degree programs in the fields of Architectural, Chemical, Civil, Electrical, Mechanical, Industrial and Systems, Computer Science and Computer Engineering with the primary goal of preparing Qatari engineers with outstanding scientific and technical competencies to enable them to participate and contribute in the various aspects of the country.
Department of Computer Science and Engineering Profile:
The Department of Computer Science and Engineering has a long tradition of commitment to excellence in teaching research and student services. The Department offers B.Sc. degree in computer science and in computer engineering. It also offers MS degree in computing, and Ph.D. degrees in computer science and computer engineering. Our graduates are very well placed at the national level and are highly recognized within the Computer Science and Engineering professional community. We have an exceptionally qualified Faculty that is committed to maintaining this tradition.
The Department of Computer Science and Engineering is seeking high caliber candidates for a faculty position at the level of assistant, associate or full professor in the discipline. The applicant should possess a PhD degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering from a reputable University and should demonstrate a strong record in teaching, research and services. We are looking for highly motivated faculty to join the department and work with its dynamic team. While applications in all areas of computing will be considered for evaluation, the following areas are of particular interest to the department: computer vision, robotics, cloud computing, computer architecture and performances, cyber security, natural language processing, data mining, and mobile computing. The positions are available beginning September 2018.
Application Deadline: 1st March 2018
Position Category: Academic
Employment Type: Full-time faculty
Preferred starting date: By August 25, 2018
Position Term: 3 Years (renewable) with a probation period.
The selected candidates are expected to:
1. Bring innovation to education for the students.
2. Join a research group in the department.
3. Supervise research work (Master and PhD thesis).
4. Engage in outstanding scholarly activities leading to national, regional and international recognition (i.e., NPRP, National Grants).
5. Serve in difference committees at the department, the college, or the University levels
Be able to communicate effectively in English.
The applicant should apply online through the i-recruitment system by creating a personal account and provide the following:
1. A detailed and up-to-date curriculum vitae.
2. A letter explained his/her motivation to join the CSE department.
3. Provide evidences of teaching, research, and services.
4. Upload three recent recommendation letters from current or previous employers with full contact information (i.e., complete addresses with emails and telephones numbers).
5. A detailed list of courses he/she taught in previous universities with students evaluation (if any).
6. Copies of highest earned credentials (PhD degree, transcripts, HDR, etc.).
7. Any additional element that can support the application.
The three-year renewable contract follows Qatar University HR policies and includes the following:
1. A highly competitive Salary.
2. Fully furnished accommodation.
3. Annual round trip air tickets for the faculty member, and his/her dependents.
4. Educational allowance for up to three children.
5. Private health care and health insurance.
6. Annual leave.
7. End-of-contract indemnity
How To Apply:
1. New applicant: The application needs to setup an account here https://careers.qu.edu.qa and complete the personal profile and apply to the selected position.
2. Returning applicant: The applicant should login to his/her account and update first his/her information and then apply.
Job Category: Academic
End Date of Advertisement: 01-April-2019