Our Laboratory in the Department of Medicine, Indiana University School of Medicine is currently seeking a highly skilled and motivated postdoctoral researcher for the ongoing alcohol-induced liver injury research. The research program is focused on the pathogenesis and molecular mechanisms of alcoholic liver disease using both cell systems and mouse models.
1. PhD with substantial hands-on research experience in biomedical sciences is required.
2. Experience with molecular biology, cell biology, and animal pathophysiology is preferred.
3. Experience with animal procedures; especially liver disease related procedures, such as hepatocyte/Kupffer cell isolation.
4. Meticulous at planning, executing, and organizing the experiments/results.
5. A good publication record in recognized peer-reviewed journals. Excellent written and verbal (English)communication skills are required. Excellent organizational skills of proper scientific record keeping.
6. The candidate is expected to be highly self-motivated and demonstrates an excellent record of scientific achievements.
Compensation: Salary according to the NIH scale
Candidates interested should send curriculum vitae and names of three references to:
Dr. Suthat Liangpunsakul
Professor of Medicine
Showalter Scholar, IU School of Medicine
Department of Medicine
Indiana University School of Medicine