Evotec is a leader in the discovery and development of novel small molecule drugs with operational sites in Europe and the US. The company has built substantial drug discovery expertise and an industrialized platform that can drive new innovative small molecule compounds into the clinic. In addition, Evotec has built a deep internal knowledge base in the treatment of diseases related to neuroscience, pain, oncology, inflammation and metabolic diseases. Leveraging these skills and expertise, the company intends to develop best-in-class differentiated therapeutics and deliver superior science-driven discovery alliances with pharmaceutical and biotechnology companies.
The In Vitro Pharmacology department in Göttingen is seeking for a highly motivated and dedicated
Research Scientist (f/m/d)
full-time and permanent
to join the transcriptomics team focused on high thoughput and single cell RNAseq technology, involved being in various drug discovery projects.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Use state of the art transcriptomics methods for various drug development projects
- Develop and implement novel transcriptomics approaches
- Work both hands-on in the laboratory as well as supervise and train colleagues
- Manage research assistants and provide them with scientific and technical support, without line management responsibility
- Analyze data and review for presentations and reporting
- Present data in front of customers and manage their demands ensuring quality and timely delivery
- Recent Ph.D. in Life Sciences or similar with substantial hands-on experience in RNA biology
- Knowledge in the field of molecular biology and high throughput plate-based assay development are required, experience in single cell RNAseq is preferred
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to interact professionally with all levels of staff, collaborators and customers
- High degree of initiative and flexibility, with the ability to deliver results independently under challenging timelines
- Fluency in English is required, willingness to learn basic German
- A permanent position within a vigorous and exciting professional environment promoted by an open culture and a spirit of community
- A diverse, international workforce with a dynamic working environment that fosters creativity, innovations and teamwork
- Company pension scheme, holiday pay and annual bonus payments depending on performance as well as flexible working hours
To apply, please click on the “Apply Now” button and provide your application documents (CV and cover letter including the earliest possible start date and salary requirements). We are curious to get to know you, and we are looking forward to your application.