Bayer is a global enterprise with core competencies in the Life Science fields of health care and agriculture. Its products and services are designed to benefit people and improve their quality of life.
The Crop Science branch provides high value seeds, innovative crop protection solutions based on chemical and biological modes of action as well as an extensive service backup for modern and sustainable agriculture.
At Bayer you have the opportunity to be part of a culture where we value the passion of our employees to innovate and give them the power to change.
Concerned Department:Disease Control Chemistry– Small Molecules Research
As Chemist in Agrochemical Molecule Design and Synthesis, you will have to ensure the following tasks:
- Work as an enthusiastic researcher in a dynamic and scientifically exciting global network covering agro and pharma while applying modern chemistry and new technologies in the lab and at the computer
- Design and synthesize modern agrochemicals in close collaboration with computational chemistry experts and with internal and external chemistry labs
- Flexibly manage a team of internal and/or external chemists
- Drive digitalization in Agrochemistry at the life-science interfaces
- Start a new way of working in Agrochemistry by integrating new digital technologies for the planning of syntheses as well as hypothesis-driven structural optimization of agrochemicals, while collaborating internally and externally.
- Contribute to the motivation and the development of our staff with a strong feedback culture
- Manage proficiently intellectual property based on internal and external documentation of your results
- Ensure high safety standards and compliant action, always taking into account laws, regulations and directives including assessment and evaluation of potential risks.
You have international scientific education in Organic Chemistry (PhD or comparable education). You built your background on a foregoing industrial or a postdoctoral experience in Computational Molecule Design and/or in Computational Chemistry. You have at least 5 years of experience in the Agro-, Pharma- or Biotech Industry as a molecule designer.
You know modern digitalization tools such as Artificial Intelligence for synthesis planning and molecule optimization and gained experience in classical and modern synthetic methods.
You have good communication and interpersonal skills as well as intercultural knowledge and understanding. You are able to solve problems and structure complex tasks, inspire and motivate colleagues and challenge the status quo and embrace change. You are passionate about work in multidisciplinary teams.
Fluency in English, basic knowledge in French and/or German are appreciated
The personal VS grade will be depending on individual qualifications/experiences and in accordance to French regulations.
Location: La Dargoire (Lyon – France)
Contract: Long Term Contract
To be appointed: As soon as possible
For further information do not hesitate to have a look at our advert on the MyServices portal and to apply online.
Are you interested in this new challenge?
You can apply on the website or log on the www.carriere.bayer.fr site and apply there.